Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'd have taken this if asked when we were playing York

Feb 14, 2010
Attendances just a few thousand shy of Spurs and bigger than Leeds. Play offs for top flight football again and even losing to Palace. If asked I'd have taken that if asked when I was seeing the goal posts being torn down. I think tho' that is what made the Palace loss even harder. We have been through the hard times. The struggle with Archer, Gillingham, Withdean and just when we are back on our feet those bloody Nigel's beat us in our own back yard in the play offs! There we go, I'd still have taken all this a few years ago.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
where we were one week ago yes - even the nigels beating us in our own backyard in the playoffs, that's football, but all the nonsense this past week has made us a laughing stock and it is embarrassing

the Croydon caravan club will never let us forget their victory over us and winning their place in the wembly final but they will be laughing at us forever and a day about everything that has happened to us since that final whistle on Monday night - and that hurts, cant you just hear their taunts ...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
where we were one week ago yes - even the nigels beating us in our own backyard in the playoffs, that's football, but all the nonsense this past week has made us a laughing stock and it is embarrassing

the Croydon caravan club will never let us forget their victory over us and winning their place in the wembly final but they will be laughing at us forever and a day about everything that has happened to us since that final whistle on Monday night - and that hurts, cant you just hear their taunts ...
I'd love to know how we're a laughing stock.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm just resigned to taking the shame, for the time being. We lost a massive game, we've lost our manager, and the club is getting some terrible headlines for various reasons. It will all pass.

We need to remind ourselves that this club has been through MUCH worse than all this. If Palace fans are having fun, we can hardly blame them. We'd do exactly the same in their position.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why do people keep referring to it as 'embarrassing'? It isn't. Who could possibly be 'embarrassed' by an incident involving a football club that we just happen to support. Frankly, who gives a toss what people think of our club? Clubs up and down the country are involved in murky, unsavoury stuff all the time, from employing players with dubious criminal pasts, racist players, players who bite, chairman and managers who continually make stupid comments in the media, fall out with players etc. Anyone remotely concerned by how this reflects on BHAFC really needs to take the proverbial long hard look at themselves.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Me too WCP

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am yet to understand how we are a laughing stock as well..

Because everybody (fans of many other clubs) are not feeling sympathy about us now,they are mocking and saying we are going tits up,favorites for relegation.

We have a stupid situation dragging on that could have a huge impact on next season-

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Because everybody (fans of many other clubs) are not feeling sympathy about us now,they are mocking and saying we are going tits up,favorites for relegation.

We have a stupid situation dragging on that could have a huge impact on next season-

Well the bookies don't have us favorites for relegation. Other fans mocking us? Probably because they didn't make the play offs themselves.

What stupid situation that is dragging on? It hasn't even been a week yet.

Do behave you tw@t. I remember having to break up a fight at half time between two Albion fans at Scunthorpe in 1997 when we looked doomed for the Conference - our situation at the moment is a joy.

Someone may or may not have had a shat in Palaces hat ? It may or may not have been someone from the Albion ? Manager , at end of season, wants away and player who got the cut moans at managers decisions. Big deal.

This time next season Palace could be heading for League One and us to the Prem. Who gives a **** what Palace fans think - there are so little of them, let them have their day in the sun.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Give it a few weeks and no one else will be interested in it. Things always look worse at the time, looking back it will not be such a big deal.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well the bookies don't have us favorites for relegation. Other fans mocking us? Probably because they didn't make the play offs themselves.

What stupid situation that is dragging on? It hasn't even been a week yet.

A week too long in my opinion,its not good really,we seem to be appeasing when we should be looking after the future,Gus cannot return-so (i never thought i would say this) GET RID.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here