Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in football

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The explosive interview Andy Naylor promised in today's Argus is with Vicente. He describes Poyet as selfish and egocentric; the worst person he has come across in football.

He claims that Poyet had told him in the presence of Calderon last summer, as soon as the season ended, that Vicente would be able to return to Spain as his 4-year-old daughter was struggling at school and with the language barrier. Then the club (and Poyet) wouldn't let him go. He also claims that Poyet failed to speak to him for the four months that he was injured at the start of this season; he has been injury-free since January but Poyet chose not to play him. He says he had a better relationship with Charlie Oatway, but has as much contempt for Taricco as he does for Poyet.

He says that Poyet makes fun of the players in training (for instance if they miss a shot); things that he has never seen before in football.

However, he does still feel he has had two very good years, a unique and good experience that he doesn't regret. He has doubts about Poyet's credentials to manage in the Premier League, but hopes that Albion get to the Premier League as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member 22389

I also bought the Argus this morning and the Vicente article is very interesting.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blimey ... not sure what to make of that. Kind of backs up what I've been thinking a while but on the other hand not sure how credibile a pissed off Vicente is

D

Deleted member 22389

Seriously, how much more can we take. The poo thing is just a side story. I'm sure over the next few days more will be revealed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair, Vicente is obviously still pissed off that they exercised a year extension on his contract when he didn't want to stay, but if true about his daughter that is out of order.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if any more ex-Albion players will slam Poyet now? Sparrow must have a bit to say?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Wow Plenty of people on here have wondered if Gus was an egotistical tyrant who cannot be questioned. Maybe they weren't far wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The egocentric comments come as no surprise to me.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

All adds to the soap opera that is BHAFC!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here