Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberto Di Matteo

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Palace and Gus between them might have done us a favour.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the Argus at its worst. There's an information vacuum and the fans know bugger all. Naylor needs to get his thumb out of his arse, take a few risks and develop the story. The relationship between club, Poyet and the Argus is too cosy and this is lazy journalism.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Put yourself in RDM position if it was suggested that you become manager whose advice would you seek obviously one of your mates with inside knowledge ;like Gus. I would say there is 2 hopes of this Bob and No. I could be wrong of course but wouldnt put money on him becoming the manager to replace Gus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't see it happening not because he's Poyet's mate RDM clearly has a different mentality to Poyet and can probably tell he's being a bit of a dick friend or not, but because he won the ****ing champions league last year.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is the Argus at its worst. There's an information vacuum and the fans know bugger all. Naylor needs to get his thumb out of his arse, take a few risks and develop the story. The relationship between club, Poyet and the Argus is too cosy and this is lazy journalism.

Naylor is on holiday.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I know he did a similar job for West Brom, but I just can't see a man who has won the Champions League and been hard done by and sacked would want to come to the Albion. As much as we've got going for us we're still a club in transition and learning what it takes to survive as a 30,000 crowd club and I'd be suprised if RDM would want to take on that challenge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is on RDM CV that he managed the European Champions but everybody knows it was the senior players at Chelsea that wanted that as much as they wanted to get rid of AVB and succeeded in both.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
I'm very underwhelmed by Di Matteo. He didn't improve Chelsea's league form on taking over from AVB, indeed it worsened, and Chelsea were continually outclassed across Europe while he was there, hilariously fluking a CL. Did well in the FA Cup.

He did get WBA promoted, which is a big plus, though most do, as it is a very big club in the Championship. WBA were appalling under him in the premier league and he was rightly sacked.

He's an okay manager, but not much more in my opinion, which is of course all it is. I didn't rate Chelsea's football under him either. Little cohesion but bailed out by top top players providing moments of inspiration and so so much luck.

I'd be very surprised if Napoli, or anyone of that level, go for him and I'd be disappointed if we did.

Really, if his record at Chelsea is the main push for Di Matteo, one might as well go for Avram Grant, just make sure Drogba rather than Terry takes the final penalty.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
He isn't actually a good manager, sacked by WBA says it all

Came third with MK Dons in his first season, came 2nd with West Brom in his first season. Won the Champions League with Chelsea in his first few months.

Absolutely terrible manager.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If it gets messy with Gus, would it not be potentially disruptive to have one of his best friends on the inside at Albion?

Feb 3, 2013
Put yourself in RDM position if it was suggested that you become manager whose advice would you seek obviously one of your mates with inside knowledge ;like Gus. I would say there is 2 hopes of this Bob and No. I could be wrong of course but wouldnt put money on him becoming the manager to replace Gus.

So poyet would turn down West Brom as RDM had inside info? You'te full of shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here