Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another bloody derby match...

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Since living in Limassol, I've been following ΑΕΛ, Wednesday is the Cyprus Cup Final. AEΛ against Limassol rivals, Απολλον.

Should have my ticket sorted out tomorrow. I seriously hope this is a win, I'm not sure I can handle two losses in a fortnight, both against fierce rivals in ultra important games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are they allowing fans to go and watch this one then? Could be carnage. Did ΑΕΛ have any behind closed doors games this season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good luck to AEL who have very passionate supporters from what I have seen when I have been to watch them with my friend. One of the good points about Cyprus football is because it is a small island it is easy to get to any away matches.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Are they allowing fans to go and watch this one then? Could be carnage. Did ΑΕΛ have any behind closed doors games this season?

No, ΑΕΛ fans have been mostly behaving themselves after a plea from the chairman a couple of years ago. In last years top 4 playoffs, ΑΕΛ were the only club NOT affected by bans. (By "behaving themselves" I mean INSIDE the ground, they're still causing as many problems as ever outside it!).

I've been here 4 years now and I've been to several ΑΕΛ - Απολλον games, and while there is always trouble, it's easy to walk round!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Good luck to AEL who have very passionate supporters from what I have seen when I have been to watch them with my friend. One of the good points about Cyprus football is because it is a small island it is easy to get to any away matches.

Very passionate!

This is them in Serbia for an away game in a Champions League qualifier:

http://www.syfael.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=515

They couldn't afford flights all the way so the nutters flew to Thessalonika and hired a bus to take them through Kosovo, which was still a UN protected virtual warzone at the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here