Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet : Next Manager Favourite at 10 different clubs .

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Just to put a bit of perspective on how ridiculous these markets can be ,
Gus is now Fav or Jt Fav to be the next permanent manager at 10 different clubs .

1/2 Fulham
7/4 Leicester
4/1 Everton
10/1 Cardiff
16/1 Swansea
25/1 Birmingham (Jt)
25/1 Blackpool (Jt)
25/1 Bolton (Jt)
25/1 Burnley (Jt)
25/1 Charlton (Jt)

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gus is now Fav or Jt Fav to be the next permanent manager at 10 different clubs .

1/2 Fulham
7/4 Leicester
4/1 Everton
10/1 Cardiff
16/1 Swansea
25/1 Birmingham (Jt)
25/1 Blackpool (Jt)
25/1 Bolton (Jt)
25/1 Burnley (Jt)
25/1 Swansea (Jt)

especially as eight of them have a manager.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

1/2 Fulham
7/4 Leicester
4/1 Everton
10/1 Cardiff
16/1 Swansea
25/1 Birmingham (Jt)
25/1 Blackpool (Jt)
25/1 Bolton (Jt)
25/1 Burnley (Jt)
25/1 Swansea (Jt)

Funny how everyone of those clubs has a "roof" that has already been hit, you could not make any of those clubs challange for anything other than promotion or a cup run absolute madness why he seems to think he has taken us as far as he can.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Swansea twice?!?!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Swansea???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Martinez is talking today as if he's already gone from Wigan. So that will start a reshuffle...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've been betting a long time and don't really understand those odds, especially the bigger price ones. I can only assume it is to be in charge at some point for next season - ONLY. It would mean a club like Birmingham to fire Lee Clark and Gus to replace him (a lot of those Championship clubs have nowhere near as much money as Brighton), which works out around 1/150 that they keep their current manager.

Edit - just read next permanent manager. As clear as pea soup with these miserly bookies. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I've seen Gus as low as 11/4 fav for the Everton job (Bet Victor I think) plus heavily odds on for Fulham. Again I think that was Victor - Can't be arsed to look back at all the pages. :rolleyes:

If Gus & TB don't come to some kind of compromise & the proverbial shit does hit the fan, it could become rather messy. Gus could find himself shovelling compost on gardening leave for a considerable time & be unemployable. Hence, I wouldn't touch those prices with a stick. I'd like to think some sense will prevail of course.

I've been tempted by the 40/1 Uwe Rosler & taken a little nibble this afternoon. If he's 6/4 by this evening, I will produce a screenshot of my online slip - If anyone really gives a shit? :wink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've seen Gus as low as 11/4 fav for the Everton job (Bet Victor I think) plus heavily odds on for Fulham. Again I think that was Victor - Can't be arsed to look back at all the pages. :rolleyes:

If Gus & TB don't come to some kind of compromise & the proverbial shit does hit the fan, it could become rather messy. Gus could find himself shovelling compost on gardening leave for a considerable time & be unemployable. Hence, I wouldn't touch those prices with a stick. I'd like to think some sense will prevail of course.

I've been tempted by the 40/1 Uwe Rosler & taken a little nibble this afternoon. If he's 6/4 by this evening, I will produce a screenshot of my online slip - If anyone really gives a shit? :wink:
Money lost i'm afraid.

I remember once reading that Bloom said he won't spend money on buying a manager out from another club when there's plenty available for nothing. Can't see that changing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leicester Mercury reported 3 hrs ago that Pearson's job was safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here