Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Day @ The Amex

aj22dms

May 15, 2013
Having now been to The Amex 3 times as away supporters - Palace fans probably know the trip more than anyone else. So i would just like to congratulate BHAFC on a superb away set up.

In our three visits there the only piece of stupidity in terms of planning was on our 2nd visit when a box above the away fans was given to a bunch of morons who spent the game throwing thrings down at the fans below. But even that was picked up on and sorted for Monday night.

The view is great - the price is fair - as new grounds go there actually is an atmosphere. Inviting lots of away stewards and showing common sense to allow us to stand (unlike Forest away where the stewards treat it like a war) and a beer on Monday, despite all the silly scare stories was also very good crowd management.

I've been lucky enough to get a tour of your whole stadium and i hope that in ten years time we'll have a similar set up in Crystal Palace park. But having watched you fight the council for 15 years or so to get planning permission for Falmer, I won't hold my breath!

Thank you for making even the most unwelcome - feel welcome. Good job on the new ground!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
You're lucky the people in the box didn't shit on you, seems to be the modus operandi around here at the moment

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Having now been to The Amex 3 times as away supporters - Palace fans probably know the trip more than anyone else. So i would just like to congratulate BHAFC on a superb away set up.

In our three visits there the only piece of stupidity in terms of planning was on our 2nd visit when a box above the away fans was given to a bunch of morons who spent the game throwing thrings down at the fans below. But even that was picked up on and sorted for Monday night.

The view is great - the price is fair - as new grounds go there actually is an atmosphere. Inviting lots of away stewards and showing common sense to allow us to stand (unlike Forest away where the stewards treat it like a war) and a beer on Monday, despite all the silly scare stories was also very good crowd management.

I've been lucky enough to get a tour of your whole stadium and i hope that in ten years time we'll have a similar set up in Crystal Palace park. But having watched you fight the council for 15 years or so to get planning permission for Falmer, I won't hold my breath!

Thank you for making even the most unwelcome - feel welcome. Good job on the new ground!

Why thank you for being so nice, where is the catch ?

Good luck against Watford, they tore us apart in December and are a good counter attacking team, should be a good match.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Out of interest, what beer do we offer Palace when they visit? Lots of good micros popping up all over London, much more interesting than the Fuller's line-up.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The think the beer was Kronk or something similar.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

You have now won the award for the best palace fan ever on NSC !!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here