Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Login problems / NSC account hack alerts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To try and counter some security threats and performance issues, I deployed CloudFlare onto NSC a week or so ago. Largely it seems to be working well.

However, one aspect of the service is that in effectively intercepts all traffic to NSC's servers, tries to filter out the bad stuff, and send on the good stuff. An effect of this is that all users arrive at NSC with the IP address from CloudFlare. There is no real issue with this until people fail to login correctly. When this happens, it can affect all users as, to NSC, all users look the same as they share an IP address. This can cause you to be locked out even if you are entering your password correctly.

If this does happen to you, please be patient, give it a few minutes and try again.

Checking the 'Remember me?' box so you remain logged in, is another way of ensuring this doesn't impact you.

I'll be looking at finding a more permanent solution to this over the weekend.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This might be nothing but whenever I login NSC from a new PC ( or I've cleared my cache on a current PC ) I can't see the username and password boxes on the front page. I have to click login to produce a failed login and then see the page for a second attempt where I can see the boxes.

It's not an issue to me as such but obviously it will always produce at least one failed login attempt.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I had it from my phone the other day (It's set to stay logged on), it just said I got my password wrong 5 times.

I assumed I was banned because of my problems at the Amex last week when I went for an urgently needed poo, took what I thought was the door to the 1901 luxury bathrooms and ended up in the away dressing room (the rest, as they say, is history)

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I had it from my phone the other day (It's set to stay logged on), it just said I got my password wrong 5 times.

I assumed I was banned because of my problems at the Amex last week when I went for an urgently needed poo, took what I thought was the door to the 1901 luxury bathrooms and ended up in the away dressing room (the rest, as they say, is history)

Classic :)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I can't stay logged in, after a minute I'm logged out again. This has been since monday and unless I post immediately when I log in my post is refused and I have to log in again, please advise Bozza. I have no other internet issues. I'm on a macbook pro using Safari. ... It just happened again!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't stay logged in, after a minute I'm logged out again. This has been since monday and unless I post immediately when I log in my post is refused and I have to log in again, please advise Bozza. I have no other internet issues. I'm on a macbook pro using Safari. ... It just happened again!

I use a Macbook at home, although with Chrome, and I'm logged in permanently.

Can you try Chrome and see how you get on please.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Using Mozilla in my office and it tried to block NSC saying that therew as badware on the site

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I'm using chrome and it hasn't logged out yet. I would really rather not use chrome if possible. I never had any problems with Safari/NSC before, although I always had to log in again after a certain time of inactivity (a reasonable time), is there a setting for this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm using chrome and it hasn't logged out yet. I would really rather not use chrome if possible. I never had any problems with Safari/NSC before, although I always had to log in again after a certain time of inactivity (a reasonable time), is there a setting for this?

If you're clicking the 'remember me' box it should keep you logged in.

I'll check out Safari for myself at home this weekend and see what I can do.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
We use McAfee smartfilter internet filtering software at work. Today its started to report the link to the big board as malicious whenever I click on it. Just thought I'd let you know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Using Mozilla in my office and it tried to block NSC saying that therew as badware on the site

We use McAfee smartfilter internet filtering software at work. Today its started to report the link to the big board as malicious whenever I click on it. Just thought I'd let you know.

There was an issue earlier in the week but it's long since been resolved. Anything still reporting malware is out of date.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This might be nothing but whenever I login NSC from a new PC ( or I've cleared my cache on a current PC ) I can't see the username and password boxes on the front page. I have to click login to produce a failed login and then see the page for a second attempt where I can see the boxes.

It's not an issue to me as such but obviously it will always produce at least one failed login attempt.

I think, if I remember right, I had this, but the box is actually where is says "user name" so try clicking there next time, likewise the password box is where "password" is written

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I work at Amex and the Big Board has been blocked for two days (still is )as unacceptable content . All the other NSC forums are fine, including the other stuff which is ironic. I have found away round this by accessing the Big Board by clicking on New Posts.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
More to the point what has happened to the link at the bottom of each thread page which returns you to the main board? It's incredibly frustrating and counterintuitive having to get to the bottom of the page and then scroll all the way back to the top every time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More to the point what has happened to the link at the bottom of each thread page which returns you to the main board? It's incredibly frustrating and counterintuitive having to get to the bottom of the page and then scroll all the way back to the top every time

For the third time today - all plugins and non-default code is currently turned off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here