Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The Summer 2013 Sea Fishing Thread***

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
With our season now done and dusted its time to turn my attention to fishing for the summer. This year ill be chasing the Bass from the east pier in newhaven. Only had the one session so far this year with nothing other than a small plaice to report.

Any other NSC'ers who like to fish feel free to share their summers fishing results here!
Tight lines

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
no fish left in the sea

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
With our season now done and dusted its time to turn my attention to fishing for the summer. This year ill be chasing the Bass from the east pier in newhaven. Only had the one session so far this year with nothing other than a small plaice to report.

Any other NSC'ers who like to fish feel free to share their summers fishing results here!
Tight lines

:fishing:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I too will be bassing, from Seaford, Cuckmere haven and a few other marks.
East pier at Newhaven good with live pouts around the piles ;-)

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford

Will give that a bash tomorrow night! Not got a great deal of hope just yet but you never know.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Had a half decent night off the east pier last night. 2 plaice a sole, a eel, few rockling and some whiting. Things could be hotting up?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Yeah was a decent size. Both plaice were around a pound as well. Nothing huge but a start. The whole squid on a 6/0 pennell went untouched for the whole night. Again..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I can vouch for that. Myself and a friend fished the East Pier about 10 years ago and there was a couple of lady OAP's float fishing live pout just off the end of the East with considerable success.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
only had a couple of sessions this year from shoreham and brighton marks... not much to report other than a sizeable bass and a flounder; much prefer freshwater myself

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Been plenty of plaice, flounder and dabs from here in Shoreham Beach and off the arm. Mackerel being reported from the beach before the recent blows, also some schoolies making their appearence. Personally I've had a couple of good sessions but 2 or 3 blank days too

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Been plenty of plaice, flounder and dabs from here in Shoreham Beach and off the arm. Mackerel being reported from the beach before the recent blows, also some schoolies making their appearence. Personally I've had a couple of good sessions but 2 or 3 blank days too

Definitely found pier fishing more productive for myself compared to the blokes I've spoke to who have been beech casting. Hopefully a warmer week with nice south westerlys will help.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I shall be spinning for bass with my favourite dexture lures off the hot pipes near carrots cafe once the waters warm up but until then ill still be on the lakes fishing for carp

Tight lines !

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Just got back from a evenings fishing at Langney point in Eastbourne, caught a couple of Smooth hounds on a pennel rig baited up with whole squid, second rod was being fished with lug all that got was a couple of small flatties and a rockling.. Only had one nice Bass so far this year just about big enough to take home, looking forward to a few months fishing now the footys finished.. 23rd of june is looking like a top date for fishing with the supermoon :)

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Just got back from a evenings fishing at Langney point in Eastbourne, caught a couple of Smooth hounds on a pennel rig baited up with whole squid, second rod was being fished with lug all that got was a couple of small flatties and a rockling.. Only had one nice Bass so far this year just about big enough to take home, looking forward to a few months fishing now the footys finished.. 23rd of june is looking like a top date for fishing with the supermoon :)

Nice one! Have you got the fishtimepro app for iPhone. It's brilliant. Ill check out 23rd June!

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Nice one! Have you got the fishtimepro app for iPhone. It's brilliant. Ill check out 23rd June!

No, i use the tides4fishing website, which is also good, gives you the tides, moon phases etc all comes in handy, that and a reasonable knowledge of some of the better spots to fish in the local area. Will have a look at the app you mentioned always handy to have the info at hand :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Mainly been coarse fishing these last few years, but do recall some good sessions off the east pier at Newhaven and Southwick beaches. Prawn, slipper limpet and peeler being my preferred baits, but white and red rag always worth using for the flounder. Caught a couple of nice lobster in the pylons at Newhaven!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Shoreham blank, Brighton Marina blank, under cliff blank, Newhaven blank

I need to get on a boat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here