• Top half of the table

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Bottom half of the table

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dandyman

In London village.
In a partial attempt to flush the bitter fruit of Monday night down the toilet bowl of history, it's time to ask what we can realistically look forward to next season.

Clearly the odds are being slightly fixed by the obscene size of parachute payments and the uncertainty surround key personnel BUT let's not forget that we have gone from 10th to 4th and ended only 4 points from an automatic promotion place. Indeed if our form since January had been evidenced since the start of the season then promotion would have been ours (probably).

So then, good people of NSC, what will 2013/2014 bring ? Stand or Fall ?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We have enough quality in the players und er contract to be mid table comfortably. If we get a few in including a few defenders then no reason why can't get top 6 again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we can kick on from here, several will leave which should mean new faces plus CMS / Hoskins back

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Too early to decide. Such a lot depends on the next couple of weeks. Retention of a settled G should make all the difference and i'd hope for play-offs again. The Premier League fallen oughtn't dominate excessively, so to be in the mix should suffice.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Top half for me.
I'm convinced we'll lose 2 key players this summer and the teams coming down this year could all easily finish top 6.
Will be an interesting season, that's for sure.

Dandyman

In London village.
p.s. It should, of course, read 2013/2014 :ffsparr:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get the feeling we've hit the high-water mark with the current set of players and will have to rebuild. Especially in defence. Wouldn't be the end of the world but sort get the feeling we'll be back to how we were in our first season at the Amex.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Before we look at strengthening the squad we need to maintain it

Bridge (on loan)
Upson (on loan)
Lopez out of contract
Vicente out of contract

I think we all accept that Vicente will go but the other 3 are key players that we need.
If we can secure deals for them & add a couple of notable signings then we are in really good shape for next season.

That is of course presuming that we don't sell anyone

Top two. Two of the main rules of NSC are that it will always be "a much tougher division than last season" and "we will have to contend with clubs coming down from the Premiership".

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
dont be so sure going to be tougher then this season

If people really do apply (or are wary) of FFP then it won't be harder. It really will be all about producing a small, high quality squad with a coach who can get the most out of that group of players. If we lose a gem or two for some money, get rid of those that won't hack it and get 3 to 4 prem/championship replacements with the right attitude, then we'll be flying.

Dandyman

In London village.
Before we look at strengthening the squad we need to maintain it

Bridge (on loan)
Upson (on loan)
Lopez out of contract
Vicente out of contract

I think we all accept that Vicente will go but the other 3 are key players that we need.
If we can secure deals for them & add a couple of notable signings then we are in really good shape for next season.

That is of course presuming that we don't sell anyone

Tend to agree with that, just scared Bridders was waving good bye on Monday.

Dandyman

In London village.
Top two. Two of the main rules of NSC are that it will always be "a much tougher division than last season" and "we will have to contend with clubs coming down from the Premiership".

Keep the faith. I think top two is possible IF the squad is not weakened.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We were 4 points away from top 2 this season.There is nothing scary about the teams coming down from prem so if we can turn draws into wins then we should be there or there abouts

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Champions....if we make Calderon and Spanish Dave joint player managers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here