Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatcake Stoke City message board is intresting

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"His attitude seems poor, he may have great ability, from that interview then there was no passion, fight or anything!"

"Is it just me that finds it a little bit unedifying to hear a manager practically taking his name off the door before they've even turned the floodlights off?"

"I don't think anyone would begrudge him leaving to better himself at all Grapey. Just the manner of it is a bit tacky.

Bit like that David Brent scene where the bad news is there will be redundancies but the good news is he's been promoted."

"I was a bit surprised with his response and I'd have been very disappointed as a Brighton fan.

Honest or not, you don't want that display of in-your-face, eyes-on-the-prize ambition at that particular time."

Exactly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was cringing when I heard him on talksport trying to defend Suarez.... I was saying to myself "just shut up Gus, No Gus stop"

makes you wonder why maybe a certain player of ours did not get as much on the field activity, could there be something in it.

Sorry, what?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I love Gus and still do but the one little issue I have with him is his tendency to shoot his mouth off to the press. The Suaez thing was the worst of these because it brought unnecessary attention on the club. Of course some would say his comments after Monday's game is further evidence that he perhaps says too much at times.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Much as we've learned to love/tolerate Gus's foibles, I think a lot of Premier League chairmen will be nervous about trusting their clubs to a manager who is such a loose cannon in the media, who regularly takes financial discussions into the public domain, and is so nakedly ambitious for himself.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Some very sensible posts on that thread.,interesting to see how it was viewed from a neutral point of view.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I love Gus and still do but the one little issue I have with him is his tendency to shoot his mouth off to the press. The Suaez thing was the worst of these because it brought unnecessary attention on the club. Of course some would say his comments after Monday's game is further evidence that he perhaps says too much at times.

When Gus first mouthed off on Suarez in his Thursday morning press conference, the journos present got together and decided that, while they would use the line about "Evra crying like a baby", there were some remarks that they wouldn't report - in order to save Gus from a mountain of shit that would come his way if they did.

Then he went on talkSHITE the next day and made the same remarks all over again.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When Gus first mouthed off on Suarez in his Thursday morning press conference, the journos present got together and decided that, while they would use the line about "Evra crying like a baby", there were some remarks that they wouldn't report - in order to save Gus from a mountain of shit that would come his way if they did.

Then he went on talkSHITE the next day and made the same remarks all over again.

I'm not sure I believe this. I read HBnB's report from that day and it said Gus' favourite drink is orange juice and if he had not been a footballer he would have been a PE teacher. No mention of this at all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure I believe this. I read HBnB's report from that day and it said Gus' favourite drink is orange juice and if he had not been a footballer he would have been a PE teacher. No mention of this at all.

Funny.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
To be honest I think a lot of other fans will feel similar and this latest episode will not have endeared him other they may well have a point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"His attitude seems poor, he may have great ability, from that interview then there was no passion, fight or anything!"

"Is it just me that finds it a little bit unedifying to hear a manager practically taking his name off the door before they've even turned the floodlights off?"

"I don't think anyone would begrudge him leaving to better himself at all Grapey. Just the manner of it is a bit tacky.

Bit like that David Brent scene where the bad news is there will be redundancies but the good news is he's been promoted."

"I was a bit surprised with his response and I'd have been very disappointed as a Brighton fan.

Honest or not, you don't want that display of in-your-face, eyes-on-the-prize ambition at that particular time."

Exactly.

I would imagine most fans of other clubs would think similarly. It was not Gus' finest moment.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight

Brilliant quote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here