Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus should take a leaf out of Martinez's book

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So we lose in the play offs, Gus moans and makes digs about the budget and how it needs to be increased etc

Martinez on the other hand, just after Wigan had been relegated

"We will keep defying the odds, keep moving forward and make sure this football club has an incredibly bright future,"

But when asked about his future, he said: "This is not the time for that."

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I know what you mean and I do like Martinez but i quite like Gus's honesty. It's up to Tony Bloom now and I wouldn't actually be surprised if Gus leaves through "mutual consent". If he's really not sure whether he wants to stay I wouldn't be surprised if Bloom tells him to go. The club is in a great place despite Monday's result and we will attract very good managers. I'm sure they both know that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally agree with the OP. Martinez is class, acts with dignity and a perfect fit for Everton.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The difference between a manager who is used to the top division and a novice who thinks he's the bees knees. Martinez is sharper and better. He thinks before he speaks. Like Gus he is a media darling but he knows how to play it. Gus thinks he knows how to play it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Martinez has been a manager a good few years longer than Gus, and when at Swansea made enough of his own controversial statements to the press at times. I seem to remember him calling Havant & Waterlooville a 'pub team' prior to them knocking Swansea out of the FA Cup which a trip to Anfield on the cards.

I wonder if he regrets leaving Swansea now? Gus take note!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So we lose in the play offs, Gus moans and makes digs about the budget and how it needs to be increased etc

"We will keep defying the odds, keep moving forward and make sure this football club has an incredibly bright future,"

Agree 1000%

D

Deleted member 18477

I prefer the professional approach that Martinez and Adkins have shown.

Poyet is acting like a child!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Poyet is the manager of the team and Bloom's people run the money side, now I'm pretty sure that if the money was there they would back Poyet. He needs to realize that to keep saying I need more won't happen if it's not available and it only makes everyone fed-up hearing it from him. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's getting fed-up with him coming out with this when at times this season he's not made full use of the players he's got to go for the win and been over defensive at home.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's not the end of their season is it though, they've still got a game to play.

And if Gus has said, you lot would be whinging that he wasn't ruling out leaving and refused to confirm he was staying for the next season, exactly like people are doing now

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I prefer the professional approach that Martinez and Adkins have shown.

Poyet is acting like a child!

Adkins? He took over a team that was as good as relegated and was lucky to get the job, wtf could he have said?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Poyet is the manager of the team and Bloom's people run the money side, now I'm pretty sure that if the money was there they would back Poyet. He needs to realize that to keep saying I need more won't happen if it's not available and it only makes everyone fed-up hearing it from him. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's getting fed-up with him coming out with this when at times this season he's not made full use of the players he's got to go for the win and been over defensive at home.

Maybe TB's money men don't want to risk money on Gus at the moment because of his continual hints of being ready and available for another job.

I'm pretty confident that Tony Bloom and co are already putting feelers out to fill the Gus gap once the inevitable happens. Let's get it done and dusted before the transfer window opens. If Gus wants to go, go now. If he wants to stay, tell us that. Either way I'm not fussed but he needs to sort it out soon because there are season tickets to sell and the uncertainty won't be helping.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here