Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Poyet goes he will come back for Bridcutt

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
THAT is what worries me the most.

Poyet will move to a club like Fulham or similarly placed in the Premier League at best. He will almost certainly be back to make Bridcutt his first signing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another thread about this?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I think whether Poyet goes or not....Liam is premiership class & think he will be a premier league player by start season anyway!
Like Gus at a mid level club or I think maybe Chelsea might come back for him now he is close to the finished article....
Of course i fooking hope not!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will he want Bridcutt? Of course he will.

Will his new club agree to pay whatever figure we slap on him? Maybe, maybe not.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will he want Bridcutt? Of course he will.

Will his new club agree to pay whatever figure we slap on him? Maybe, maybe not.

Agreed. And I would expect a slightly miffed Bloom to play hard ball over selling our gem to Poyet BUT Bridcutt owes Poyet a lot and these days if a player wants to leave, he usually ends up leaving.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think whether Poyet goes or not....Liam is premiership class & think he will be a premier league player by start season anyway!
Like Gus at a mid level club or I think maybe Chelsea might come back for him now he is close to the finished article....
Of course i fooking hope not!!

Zero chance of that. Chelsea don't buy 'promising young Championship players'.

If Bridders were to get a move to a BIG club (which I doubt) then Arsenal is the only one that would be a good fit.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Poyet will move to a club like Fulham or similarly placed in the Premier League at best. He will almost certainly be back to make Bridcutt his first signing.

Who cares just so long as we get the right fee. I like Bridcutt, and have done since I saw him boss a match at Peterborough when we first had him. However, he lacks strength and pace, and contributes no goals. He is only as important to us as he is, because of his role in a team playing Poyet's way. If we can get a good fee, it will give the new manager a chance to re-build and buy fitter, stronger, quicker players. Frankly the type Poyet pointed-out that we needed when we got promoted and has largely failed to recruit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That's fine. He can add himself to the other premier league managers who'd like to sign Bridcutt. He's still got 2 years on his contract and Gus would have to match or better any other offers, as well as meet out valuation.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Who cares just so long as we get the right fee. I like Bridcutt, and have done since I saw him boss a match at Peterborough when we first had him. However, he lacks strength and pace, and contributes no goals. He is only as important to us as he is, because of his role in a team playing Poyet's way. If we can get a good fee, it will give the new manager a chance to re-build and buy fitter, stronger, quicker players. Frankly the type Poyet pointed-out that we needed when we got promoted and has largely failed to recruit.

You need a reality check!!!

Those type of midfielders are the same as 20 goal a season strikers, there aren't many about and the ones that are cost a fortune. There aren't many players around who can do what Liam does, as effectively as he does it either. Not every player needs to be scoring goals.

Sometimes it's the players you don't notice that you miss the most once they're gone, you'd do well to think about that.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You need a reality check!!!

Those type of midfielders are the same as 20 goal a season strikers, there aren't many about and the ones that are cost a fortune. There aren't many players around who can do what Liam does, as effectively as he does it either. Not every player needs to be scoring goals.

Sometimes it's the players you don't notice that you miss the most once they're gone, you'd do well to think about that.

I do not need a reality check. I am fully aware of what he brings to a team playing to Poyet's negative style. I am hoping for a more dynamic style when he goes, and the role will not be so important. It looks like we have limited funds to spend, the sale could help change that. I guess it is all about how much we get for a player signed for nothing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This - so this!!

And why stop at Bridders? He'll come back for Ulloa, Orlandi & Lopez too! So? We'll deal with it.

Lopez won't be a problem, he's one of the players out if contract in the summer. Possibly add kuzsack and kaz to the list of going with Gus though.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Lopez won't be a problem, he's one of the players out if contract in the summer. Possibly add kuzsack and kaz to the list of going with Gus though.

Would miss Kusczcak but think we've proved in the past that Kaz would not be a massive loss (cue deluge of abuse perhaps!) :yawn: Safe to say I reckon that IF GP was to leave or if we just lost some quality players this summer that Mr Bloom will have options in his pocket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Thought I'd throw this one in: Bridcutt was suspended for the games against Huddersfield and Burnley at home and was rested against Leeds away. We won all 3 games scoring 7 and conceding 2.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here