Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bigger Picture

cyber seagull

Jul 18, 2003
As I stood there watching my 13yr old with tears rolling down his face for the last 10 minutes on Monday night and still managing to give me a hug and thank me for his season ticket whilst to my right my 15yr old stood with his arms aloft singing on his own while the stadium emptied it made me realise that managers, players and fans may come and go and show differing degrees of affection and loyalty to our great club but the most important people in life can make you so proud with the simplest of gestures. I now know why we all fought so hard for our club all those years ago.

For me it was a great night. Watching the Albion at any level with three generations of my family is something you can't buy.

We still have a club, we have a fantastic future and I'm enjoying the ride.

Up The Albion!

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
As I stood there watching my 13yr old with tears rolling down his face for the last 10 minutes on Monday night and still managing to give me a hug and thank me for his season ticket whilst to my right my 15yr old stood with his arms aloft singing on his own while the stadium emptied it made me realise that managers, players and fans may come and go and show differing degrees of affection and loyalty to our great club but the most important people in life can make you so proud with the simplest of gestures. I now know why we all fought so hard for our club all those years ago.

For me it was a great night. Watching the Albion at any level with three generations of my family is something you can't buy.

We still have a club, we have a fantastic future and I'm enjoying the ride.

Up The Albion!

great post I cried my eyes out as a 10 year old back in 83 but this club always bounces back and we are albion till we die,

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I didn't cry but it was an overwhelmingly sad end to a fantastic season. Standing in the north staring out at the Palace fans celebrating the second goal caused many around me to hurl abuse. I didn't, I knew it was pointless but standing there silently has to be one of the most miserable moments I've ever had. I was however, appalled at how many people left following that goal. Yes, of course we were not going to win the match after that but they could have at least stayed and thanked the players. Still, I'm optimistic for the future and hopefully we can get the show going again, personally I want Gus to stay, as long as he can conjure up a sodding plan B!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here