Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF Gus goes will you say thanks and wish him well wherever he ends up?

If Gus goes will you say thanks and wish him well

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now I think that this should be a 100% poll...but will it be :wink:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, but I hope he leaves sooner rather than later if he is going to, and stops mouthing off to the press.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He hasn't gone (yet) but if now is the time then I'd wish him luck and thank him for some fantastic times, notably the season we romped league 1 and the donny game :)

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Yes.

My opinion would have been different if he had left a couple of months ago when Reading came calling. I wanted to see what would happen this season if he stayed. Now we know where we are, I'd like to keep hold of him as he's a fine manager. However, if he leaves then I wish him all the best but my attention would be on who comes in and getting behind them. I hope any replacement keeps the identity of what Poyet has put in, I do NOT want a hoof and run merchant.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yes, but think he might get a mixed reception if he came back with another team. Especially if this becomes a long drawn out affair. "Not my words, those are the words of Top Gear magazine"

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It depends.

I will always be thankful for the job he has done here and the good times he has given us. But the way he has acted since the Palace game seems disrespecful to Tony Bloom. And, with The Argus suggesting this has been his plan all along regardless of whether we went up or not, that just wouldn't sit comfortably with me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. I mean, what did he ever do for us?

Apart from stop us being relegated to League 2.
Oh and winning the league in his first season in charge.
Oh and then keeping us in the championship
Oh and then getting us into the playoffs with some brilliant football.

Apart from that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'll say thanks but I wont be wishing him well, whilst he's done a lot of good for us I wont be missing his constant moaning about referees and the budget, nor will I miss his media whoring, his defending of Suarez or his threats to go home if things dont go his way amongst other fairly disrespectful comments about the fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Apart from that.

You should occasionally try an alternative to sarcasm when you feel offended about comments on Gus :rolleyes:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gus has done a good job but not an outstanding one. He has taken us as far as his ability will allow him. He needs to go now and be replaced by someone more capable.
It needs a bolder approach now. This cautious approach allied to blind devotion to a particular game-plan has cost us the chance of the ultimate prize and he is culpable. He is no longer the right manager to take us forward. We need a less self-centred individual who will concentrate 100% of his efforts on BHA and not on promoting his own career.
Yes its thanks for the job done but don't come calling again, when things don't work out. ( and I firmly believe that he will not have a long stay in the top flight )

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Of course. If I found him in bed with my girlfriend I'd tuck him in. And give him some sedatives to quiet her sobbing.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes I would say thanks but at the same time I won't lose any sleep over his going. In the 40 odd years that I've followed the Albion I can't recall a manager who's touted himself around like Poyet when incharge of BHA. If what we hear or read is correct than he should grow a pair and walk away and let us get someone in quickly to build for next season cause at the moment all he's doing is putting doubt in the minds of players and supporters and it's better he goes now than a month or 2 into tha new season and a new manger has to cope with players he doesn't want.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

Apart from that.

Wouldn't really say he did that, we were never close to being relegated to league 2 when Gus has been in charge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here