Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am so proud...

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
For all those losing a little perspective after the disappointment of Monday, remember what it was like when you first set eyes on the Albion - and how far we've come in recent years.

I took my 10-year-old daughter to her first football match last season. It was 0-0 against Hull at the Amex. She obviously liked it because she asked to go again, so we went to the Forest game at home a few weeks later. As the match entered stoppage time she turned to me and said: "I'm never going to see a goal, am I?" I promised her that she would one day and with that we both turned back to the action, just as Will Buckley slotted the winner right in front of us. Cue pandemonium. She stood on her seat and cheered herself hoarse. We went to seven or eight home games after that, and this season we got season tickets in the ESU.

After the Palace game on Monday night, we were walking to the bus to take us back to Mill Road and she was very quiet, head bowed. I took a closer look and there were tears running down her cheeks. I asked her what was wrong and she said: "Daddy, I really wanted them to win tonight." That was the moment I knew she had the Albion in her soul, and it will never, ever leave her, whoever owns the club, whatever division we are in, wherever the ground is based and whoever plays for us. If we don't have the lows, we'll never be able to enjoy the highs nearly as much (which would be like supporting Man United, I guess).

Many on here will class her and others like her as a JCL. True supporters will know that she is actually an FFL (Fan For Life).

A Proud Dad
(FFL since April 13, 1979: Brighton 2 Charlton 0)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Just start of a new breed my friend. All clubs need them. The 5000 kids that are there now will be the next generation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As the match entered stoppage time she turned to me and said: "I'm never going to see a goal, am I?" I promised her that she would one day and with that we both turned back to the action, just as Will Buckley slotted the winner right in front of us. Cue pandemonium. She stood on her seat and cheered herself hoarse.
Love it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
For all those losing a little perspective after the disappointment of Monday, remember what it was like when you first set eyes on the Albion - and how far we've come in recent years.

I took my 10-year-old daughter to her first football match last season. It was 0-0 against Hull at the Amex. She obviously liked it because she asked to go again, so we went to the Forest game at home a few weeks later. As the match entered stoppage time she turned to me and said: "I'm never going to see a goal, am I?" I promised her that she would one day and with that we both turned back to the action, just as Will Buckley slotted the winner right in front of us. Cue pandemonium. She stood on her seat and cheered herself hoarse. We went to seven or eight home games after that, and this season we got season tickets in the ESU.

After the Palace game on Monday night, we were walking to the bus to take us back to Mill Road and she was very quiet, head bowed. I took a closer look and there were tears running down her cheeks. I asked her what was wrong and she said: "Daddy, I really wanted them to win tonight." That was the moment I knew she had the Albion in her soul, and it will never, ever leave her, whoever owns the club, whatever division we are in, wherever the ground is based and whoever plays for us. If we don't have the lows, we'll never be able to enjoy the highs nearly as much (which would be like supporting Man United, I guess).

Many on here will class her and others like her as a JCL. True supporters will know that she is actually an FFL (Fan For Life).

A Proud Dad
(FFL since April 13, 1979: Brighton 2 Charlton 0)

That there is a great post. :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
From my very first game I knew I really enjoyed coming to see the Albion but it was Monday night I realised truly how much it means to me. It was the closest I have come to crying for a very long time (though I told myself to man-up very quickly!)

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
This is what being a supporter is all about.

In the face of a (let's face it) humiliating defeat - along comes Maglers with an uplifting account of how wonderful it is to be an Albion fan in this day and age - and what a joy that our offspring will be true blue fans supporting the seagulls though thick and thin in a stadium to die for long after us old school fans are in the Goldstone in the sky!

On a personal note - thanks pal, I still loved it, the Amex is stunning!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here