Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace think they've already got it sewn up

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Over on BBS they're already getting cocky about playing in the Premier League.

Post from Cleon : Does the losing Play-off finalist still keep all the gate? If so, how any idea how much Watford will get when we beat them?
Reply from CPFC2010 : We have offered this to Watford. Waiting for their reply.
Post from alza_1999 : The media describes the playoff final as a £120 million game. What is your own estimate of the net additional revenue that winning that match offers based on known prize money and tv fees etc? Ballpark and conservative would be fantastic and I fully accept that the relationship between revenue and profit are non linear when you need to compete in a higher league against clubs with superior budgets.
Reply from CPFC2010 : £60m is what you get for coming last in the PL next season and £60m is the parachute payment (spread over 4 years) when you get relegated.
That, obviously, is the worst case scenario!

Discussion welcome :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They'll come down to earth with a bugger bump than we did if they fail to beat Watford. Not only will they have to deal with the disappointment of losing at Wembley, but also the reality of next season without their best player and having to find a replacement for their main striker.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They'll come down to earth with a bugger bump than we did if they fail to beat Watford. Not only will they have to deal with the disappointment of losing at Wembley, but also the reality of next season without their best player and having to find a replacement for their main striker.

Or Zaha could fire them to the Prem.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Don't the losers of the final get 10 million or did I hear wrong?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't the losers of the final get 10 million or did I hear wrong?

They usually make a mutual agreement prior to the match to split the revenue from tickets sold by both clubs. At a guess, based on approximate 70k tickets sold, this will probably be about 2-3 million after costs. So not a bad loser's bonus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we had won on Monday I would only be thinking about how many goals Watford will score and pre planning the trip to Wigan next season.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I think you will find that the majority of us are just looking forward to a day out at Wembley. You'll probably find that the cockiness you point out from that thread was more of a suck up cheeky comment as the poster was asking the CPFC2010 guys.

Personally I am confident we can get a result. They are the team I wanted if we got to the final. They're the only team in the top six we have not beaten this season but I don't think in either game we were taken apart. It puts us as underdogs again which we kinda like.

I'm under no illusions that we are not ready for the prem and the best way to look at it is a money making season I guess. Maybe a couple of great memories on the way. We won't live outside of our means again and I would suggest we would be playing with the stadium work in mind rather than throwing everything at a survival campaign a la QPR.

If we lose the final que sera sera, we make a bit more money and have a good day out. We have the memories of Monday too which is nice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is a bit sad to be honest.

It's a bit like the bloke who loses his house, kids, car etc when his wife runs off with someone else, yet is crowing because the new man in her life who has just moved into your house might have just accidentally double booked his holiday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think you will find that the majority of us are just looking forward to a day out at Wembley. You'll probably find that the cockiness you point out from that thread was more of a suck up cheeky comment as the poster was asking the CPFC2010 guys.

Personally I am confident we can get a result. They are the team I wanted if we got to the final. They're the only team in the top six we have not beaten this season but I don't think in either game we were taken apart. It puts us as underdogs again which we kinda like.

I'm under no illusions that we are not ready for the prem and the best way to look at it is a money making season I guess. Maybe a couple of great memories on the way. We won't live outside of our means again and I would suggest we would be playing with the stadium work in mind rather than throwing everything at a survival campaign a la QPR.

If we lose the final que sera sera, we make a bit more money and have a good day out. We have the memories of Monday too which is nice.

So what's the view on Holloway now compared to three weeks ago?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck to 'em, we had our chance and weren't up to it. Palace look stronger than Watford to me.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
So what's the view on Holloway now compared to three weeks ago?

He's a genius of course!

I've not been a detractor of his, I just support the team. I was worried that we had blown our chances in the last few games but more to do with the fact that we were starting to play at the level where we all expected at the begining rather than punching above our weight. I didn't see this as Holloway's fault or really the players. We now have a chance that we are incredibly lucky to have. That is pretty much it.

Having said all that the league this year has kind of been full of teams getting results that no one expetced of them on paper so who knows?

Thank you - that's the first laugh I've had since Monday evening.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
CPFC2010: "The Palace noise was great and got louder as theirs got quieter. Obviously it couldn't compete with 25,000 crappy clappy things but it was real"

Agree the clappers were terrible, but wonder how he feels about their drum at every home game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here