Monday's events at the Amex will live long in the memory, and for all the
wrong reasons.

Defeat at the hands of Palace was tough enough to take, but this was then
compounded by the disgraceful outburst from Poyet who appears to have
disassociated himself from the club. There have been significant rumours of
a split beaten Tony Bloom and his manager recently, and his post match
comments only serve to confirm what has been suspected recently. Presumably,
Poyet chose to disregard his observance of the principles of "loyalty" about
which he frequently speaks. There was no loyalty to the club, staff, Chairman, players or fans in what he said.

If he wants to go, he should release himself from his very healthy contract and leave. He has
brought a great deal to this football club, but this was petulant and was ill judged.

Several players will also be missing at the beginning of next season:
Bridcutt, Bridge, Upson, Vicente will be go and they have all played vial
roles. Arsenal are sniffing round Dunk if he gets found not guilty at The
Old Bailey.

This will be a watershed summer.

EW

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Cheer up Will, don't think things are as bad as you imagine , there is light at the end of the tunnel .....I feel quite optimistic for the future even if there is change

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We are all down about Monday night but I feel that there are far more positives than negatives.

No one man is bigger than the club and within the next few season we will have a bash in the top flight.

We are in safe hands with Bloom, Keep The Faith.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Come on EW, in 45 years you're deflated because we finished 4th in the Championship with a team brimming full of flair and talent!?

Okay, our manager's a hothead with the press saying all sorts of nonsense, but this season has been great, and I honestly am bursting for next season to start. I might even try to learn a bit of Spanish over the summer.

Man up sir!!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah finishing fourth in the Championship, making the play offs and watching our team in the best stadium in the Football League is a lot worse than losing the Goldstone, almost going out of business and watching crap football against the likes of Barnet and Gillingham. :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Come on, he's saying he feels deflated, not desperate. It's understandable IMO - I think we all had visions of beating Palace, winning at Wembley and all our flairniacs wanting to stay and that's not happened.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think I felt worse in 97 to be honest when I knew at the start of the following season if I wanted to watch the Albion play I'd have to travel to Gillinhgham , which I didn't:cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The reason we're all on a downer is because we lost to THE SCUM , if had been Bolton or Leicester the inquest will be all done and dusted.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's the trials, tribulations and uncertainty that is part of life for every football fan in the country except, maybe, Man U fans.

Players and managers come and go and you have to suffer the bad to appreciate the good.

It's why we love it, isn't it?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Crikey !

When I read the thread title I thought this was going to be about another wet and sunless summer with no cricket and the Open being played in a typhoon.I will also tip my hat to those demented amongst us who follow tennis.I feared a wet Wimbledon.

But no ! It's about what may happen at our FC. Bet your life it'll still be with us this time next year,whatever.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In 45 years of watching the Albion, I have never felt as deflated as I have
done so this week.

Monday's events at the Amex will live long in the memory, and for all the
wrong reasons.

Defeat at the hands of Palace was tough enough to take, but this was then
compounded by the disgraceful outburst from Poyet who appears to have
disassociated himself from the club. There have been significant rumours of
a split beaten Tony Bloom and his manager recently, and his post match
comments only serve to confirm what has been suspected recently. Presumably,
Poyet chose to disregard his observance of the principles of "loyalty" about
which he frequently speaks. There was no loyalty to the club, staff, Chairman, players or fans in what he said.

If he wants to go, he should release himself from his very healthy contract and leave. He has
brought a great deal to this football club, but this was petulant and was ill judged.

Several players will also be missing at the beginning of next season:
Bridcutt, Bridge, Upson, Vicente will be go and they have all played vial
roles. Arsenal are sniffing round Dunk if he gets found not guilty at The
Old Bailey.

This will be a watershed summer.

EW

I couldnt care less if Gus goes, he's shown himself up for what he is and there will be no shortage of managers wanting to take us into the Premier.

We probably will lose Liam but we will get at least £5m for him if not more. The only huge loss that will be very hard to replace will be Bridge IF he decides he wants to go elsewhere and Lopez if he doesnt get another year. Vicente needs to go whatever as he really hasnt played enough or looked like he can even be much of a supersub (bar one game) this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think I felt worse in 97 to be honest when I knew at the start of the following season if I wanted to watch the Albion play I'd have to travel to Gillinhgham , which I didn't:cry:

likewise...i think theres a few other moments ..that last game of the season wen southampton played spurs and drawing so we didnt go up...and a few others ....as regards to poyet well he seems a bit marmite to a lot of people...imho if you pick the emotion out of what he has said then i havent got a problem with it....team wins they get the accolade ..lose and its the mangers fault...its football

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5705159 said:
More fussed about losing Liam than Gus at the moment to be honest!

This. Don't give a flyer about Poyet staying or going, but I have far too much man love for Liam to be able to cope with the prospect of him being lost to this club and running out in a Sunderland or Fulham shirt.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Come on, he's saying he feels deflated, not desperate. It's understandable IMO.

No he said: "In 45 years of watching the Albion, I have never felt as deflated as I have done so this week".

Which IMO, is ridiculous as in my 18 years odd watching them, this is by far the most positive I've ever felt about the club and it's future. If trudging to Withdean in the pouring rain, spending over a decade there, seeing us lose to 9 men of Walsall, travelling to Gillingham every week watching shite, and nearly going out of existance is better than this, then I'll be damned.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A Month of Summers:

307824.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No he said: "In 45 years of watching the Albion, I have never felt as deflated as I have done so this week".

Which IMO, is ridiculous as in my 18 years odd watching them, this is by far the most positive I've ever felt about the club and it's future. If trudging to Withdean in the pouring rain, spending over a decade there, seeing us lose to 9 men of Walsall, travelling to Gillingham every week watching shite, and nearly going out of existance is better than this, then I'll be damned.

Absolutely this...I cannot believe how utterly ridiculous some people are being over this.

We finished 4th.
This was our most succesful season from a league perspective since 1982
From January we have the best league record in the Championship
We have record season ticket sales for next year

Some people need to get a grip and remember where we were if not 15 years, but even just 5 years ago.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
We may have reached a "ceiling" where Gus is concerned, but with someone else at the helm, who knows, this might just be the start of something very exciting.

There is a reason why we haven't won a game for ages after going a goal down, and it must be down to the management team.

Don't get me wrong, Gus has worked wonders while he has been with us, but I'm sure he is replaceable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here