Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Fulham?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fulham are considering a bid to bring in Gus Poyet from Championship side Brighton as a replacement for boss Martin Jol.
( Daily Telegraph )

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Would be a bizarre choice for Poyet to go considering by his own rules it would only take a 'special' club (ie Spurs or Chelsea) to tempt him... to leave for the sake of leaving, when Bloom has given him carte blanche at this club with a competetive budget would be bonkers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fulham are a good club. I could easily see Gus (and Bridcutt :down: ) there.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I could see him going there tbh if he was offered the job, bigger prem clubs like Everton Man city etc wouldn't come calling yet so a couple of years at an established team in the prem like Fulham would be a good stepping stone for him to get his desired Chelsea managerial role
90% sure gus would take the Fulham job :bigwave:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
he would take this in 1 second if offered - West London, decent fans and a chairman who whilst not mega mega rich, does support enough to always put out a reasonable mid table team that plays decent football at times - with London PR world on doorstep, Poyet would see this as 1 short step after 2 years to Chelsea/Tottenham......
But for what its worth I'd be amazed if he was vaguely considered good enough or qualified enough for what is a very good position !

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would be a bizarre choice for Poyet to go considering by his own rules it would only take a 'special' club (ie Spurs or Chelsea) to tempt him... to leave for the sake of leaving, when Bloom has given him carte blanche at this club with a competetive budget would be bonkers

I believe he said "special opportunity" which could mean anything he wants. Can't see him going to Fulham though, can't see Jol leaving, they've done ok this year - about the best they could expect.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The average wage budget is this division is £17 million and ours was £14 million last season. Don't have the full figures on me but we were about 16th out of 24 from my recollection.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The average wage budget is this division is £17 million and ours was £14 million last season. Don't have the full figures on me but we were about 16th out of 24 from my recollection.

The average was also massively inflated by West Ham spending £42m and Leicester and Reading in excess of £25m.

That was, of course, the total staff wages so not completely indicative of where we sit playing costs wide but not a bad starting point.

We certainly, 100%, do not have the fourth lowest playing budget in this division.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
I believe he said "special opportunity" which could mean anything he wants. Can't see him going to Fulham though, can't see Jol leaving, they've done ok this year - about the best they could expect.

Also the 'special' comment was from some time ago. I think things have changed recently and he wants out. I think he'd take any Premier League job right now and possibly even a few in the Championship...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tinpot club with no real fanbase beyond all the Chinese students in London who rock up to see a 'Premiership match-up on their doorstep.' Pre-Al-Fayed they struggled to get 5k through the turnstiles. A more ambitious move for Gus in terms of a London club would be Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here