Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Could be out for a Year.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's lucky he got that new contract sorted. I can't imagine he'd have got that sort of money now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The injury came within weeks of him signing a 3 year 1M a year contract. I'm sure he'll be fine; certainly no worse off than the dozens of people I know who've suffered similar injuries.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Feel sorry for him,I was pissed off when he went to palarse but have met the guy a couple of times and he is a very genuine nice bloke.Whatever the rivalry you don't wish this on anyone, although on the bright side he won't be banging in 30 goals for them.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
That's a shame actually. I was hoping that he would get a transfer to the prem in the summer (somewhere like Norwich). Yeah yeah yeah he's judas and all that but I think he deserves a shot at te prem, just not with palace.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
On the extended highlights on Seagulls Player, if you look behind the shot of Wurzel and his crew jumping up and down at the final whistle, Glen is hobbling by in the background on a pair of crutches, looking forlorn. He doesn't deserve the hard time some of you guys are giving him!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's a shame actually. I was hoping that he would get a transfer to the prem in the summer (somewhere like Norwich). Yeah yeah yeah he's judas and all that but I think he deserves a shot at te prem, just not with palace.

Really? I don't see him as premier league class, just a journeyman striker who's had one exceptional season with the benefit of plenty of chances - including a load of penalties - from one of the more attack minded teams in the league.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the extended highlights on Seagulls Player, if you look behind the shot of Wurzel and his crew jumping up and down at the final whistle, Glen is hobbling by in the background on a pair of crutches, looking forlorn. He doesn't deserve the hard time some of you guys are giving him!

I was standing directly above the tunnel (well slightly to the side) in the WSU applauding our players off, when Glenn came out. Charlie immediately came over to see if he was ok - nice gesture.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I was standing directly above the tunnel (well slightly to the side) in the WSU applauding our players off, when Glenn came out. Charlie immediately came over to see if he was ok - nice gesture.

Charlie Oatway is a top bloke. He always has time for people, regardless of who they are.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hope he makes a full recovery, would be a shame if he potentially misses out on playing in the Prem when he is in the prime of his career, even if he is a complete *******.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So if Palace get promoted he'll miss their entire PL season and start again when they're back in the Championship?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Charlie Oatway is a top bloke. He always has time for people, regardless of who they are.

True. He always has time for people less fortunate than himself.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
It'll be 6 months. He'll be back before Xmas.

You rarely see a cruciate injury back before 9 months. And by the sounds of it this sounds like a particularly bad one with the ligament torn right through. I don't think we'll see him playing until well into 2014 and I'll be surprised if he ever has a season like this one again. Shame really cos it couldn't have happened to a worse person :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here