Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa, is he not as good as we all thought?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This isn't a reactionary thread purely down to Monday night, but I think he's been poor for 4/5 games now (even when he scored against Leeds). Is the honeymoon period over, or is it down to him getting little service?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Monday night his performance was down to Orlandi, Dave and Buckley going MIA. Can't be faulted at all IMO

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are we going to take turns at blaming every Albion employee one after the other?

We lost the play off semi, all over with, move along now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No chance. If he was given the opportunity at any point I'm sure he could have done something with it. I think he managed 1 shot over the 2 legs, poor service.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Are we going to take turns at blaming every Albion employee one after the other?

We lost the play off semi, all over with, move along now.

I'm not blaming him, just questioning whether he's as good as some thought after his first few games.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Or is Gus doing what he's done with practically every striker he's had and coached the goals out of him by playing consistent shit systems that don't help the striker at all?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On Monday he got the same sort of service that CMS has got, none.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He scored over 30 goals in the Spanish 2nd division last year; he must have something about him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Or is Gus doing what he's done with practically every striker he's had and coached the goals out of him by playing consistent shit systems that don't help the striker at all?

Don't worry about the goals, we have the best defence in the league don't you know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Monday he got the same sort of service that CMS has got, none.

Which is completely TRUE, but too some CMS is pony while Ulloa is the dogs.

How does that work?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Neither Palace strikers over the 2 legs had a chance either - both teams played it tight and cagey.

What Ulloa does that CMS can't do is hold it up, muscle defenders, and also distribute effectively. If he's not scoring he's still an influence on the game. He'll fire us up this league next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Neither Palace strikers over the 2 legs had a chance either - both teams played it tight and cagey.

What Ulloa does that CMS can't do is hold it up, muscle defenders, and also distribute effectively. If he's not scoring he's still an influence on the game. He'll fire us up this league next season.

Agree with this, he is much more suited to our style than CMS. I just hope we go a lot more gung ho at home next season and stop this one striker up front on his own shit. Away from home fine but we would be much better off attacking teams from the kick off at home and playing a lone striker takes away from our attacking prowess and releases players to pressure us. Our current style of play often fails if we are pressured.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agree with this, he is much more suited to our style than CMS. I just hope we go a lot more gung ho at home next season and stop this one striker up front on his own shit. Away from home fine but we would be much better off attacking teams from the kick off at home and playing a lone striker takes away from our attacking prowess and releases players to pressure us. Our current style of play often fails if we are pressured.

Totally agree with you.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ulloa did not have the ball played to his feet a lot of the balls played to high no crosses from the bye lines service was poor Palarse learnt how to play us after the first leg. Lets move on learn and we can make the top two spots next year.look on the bright side we get more games next season and our season tickets won't increase due to us not being promoted?:facepalm: also we should start training at the new facility , also we might have some new pies.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ulloa and CMS played together will be a great partnership, all the balls Ulloa knocks on with no one there is just a waste at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here