Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BetVictor - Next Fulham Manager: Gus Poyet 5/4 Fav...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lots of talk about Everton where he is 2nd favourite behind Martinez but rumours gathering pace about Jol maybe leaving for Germany or getting sacked after their bad run.

Fulham seems to tick all the boxes for both parties. This is one to keep an eye on.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Odds have shortened due to Telegraph speculation. Long way to go before anything happens there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Jol is one I think might be on the move. Managers will get "encouraged" out if the right replacement is available and a Poyet/Fulham fit looks to suit both. I think this is the most likely move, if he's not to go somewhere in Europe

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
This may not be a strange as it sounds as I was told on Monday night that bridders was gonna go to Fulham done deal for a while allegedly, if we didnt go up. Didn't believe it to be honest and still don't but watch this space interesting time ahead.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think Martinez will stay put as he seems to like it there and that counts a great deal in my book, as far as I can tell he has never openly touted himself.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I can see this happening its in the papers today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-Gus-Poyet-with-Martin-Jol-under-threat.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-boss-gus-poyet-ponders-1889401

As OP say ticks all the right boxes a move to a London based Premier league club.
My concern is once Gus goes what players is going to take or players will want to stay once he has gone
Is this going to make us a mid table championship club at best or can we find a suitable replacement,
who can do miracles with such a tight budget.
They made a very good point in the Arsenal match last night, that they spent so much money on the ground
that they haven't won any silverware in 8 years.
Don't get me wrong I love Falmer & its great to see such big crowds. But worried there has been to much focus on
the ground & not enough on buying key players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How according to that telegraph article can we have the 4th lowest budget it the Championship ?

Poyet leaked it!

In all seriousness it's the card he's played throughout, "had I had more money I'd have got us promoted" sort of thing. The media have herded behind him like sheep positioning him as the upcoming and rising star so clubs like Fulham are totally set up to take a punt

Also Fulham (or indeed anyone else) may be forced to act quick or risk losing a target to someone else?

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Poyet leaked it!

In all seriousness it's the card he's played throughout, "had I had more money I'd have got us promoted" sort of thing. The media have herded behind him like sheep positioning him as the upcoming and rising star so clubs like Fulham are totally set up to take a punt

Also Fulham (or indeed anyone else) may be forced to act quick or risk losing a target to someone else?

This, Gus loves to use the media, thought is post match interview was out of order, but didn't surprise me that he would turn our
defeat into a Give us a job interview.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see this happening its in the papers today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-Gus-Poyet-with-Martin-Jol-under-threat.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-boss-gus-poyet-ponders-1889401

As OP say ticks all the right boxes a move to a London based Premier league club.
My concern is once Gus goes what players is going to take or players will want to stay once he has gone
Is this going to make us a mid table championship club at best or can we find a suitable replacement,
who can do miracles with such a tight budget.
They made a very good point in the Arsenal match last night, that they spent so much money on the ground
that they haven't won any silverware in 8 years.
Don't get me wrong I love Falmer & its great to see such big crowds. But worried there has been to much focus on
the ground & not enough on buying key players.

If Gus goes we are likely to take a step back before we take another one forward. I can live with that, this is a great division and I'm happy here although I'd love us to get promoted in the next couple of seasons. If Gus does go I hope we get someone who sees us as a project and not a stepping stone. Benitez (dream I know) would be perfect IMO.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Rugrat has said exactly what I was thinking. The suggestion that we have the 4th lowest budget in the division seems like just the sort of thing Gus would want out in the open, as it makes him look less like the bad guy if he walks. I find it hard to believe that this "fact" is true but that's hardly the point. I get the feeling that Gus is now pimping himself out. I could well be wrong and I hope that I am but that's just way things look to this outsider.

If he goes, he goes. Life goes on and I have every confidence in Tony having Plans B, C & D up his sleeve. It will be a shame if Gus chooses to play a blame game in the media, which will leave a sour taste at the end of what have been four grand years.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So Gus goes....a compo of £2m...and according to the paper we have a £10m playing budget...players will leave,some with a fee...all we have to do now is rebuild the team...to players and managers it is just a job...to the true fan it is a life time committment...we have faced far worse scenarios in the past and come through.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Not worried if he goes, Bloom will look to bring in someone better, who can take us to the next level. Like Swansea have done since Martinez. Someone with more tactical acumen would be ideal.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Rugrat has said exactly what I was thinking. The suggestion that we have the 4th lowest budget in the division seems like just the sort of thing Gus would want out in the open, as it makes him look less like the bad guy if he walks. I find it hard to believe that this "fact" is true but that's hardly the point. I get the feeling that Gus is now pimping himself out. I could well be wrong and I hope that I am but that's just way things look to this outsider.

If he goes, he goes. Life goes on and I have every confidence in Tony having Plans B, C & D up his sleeve. It will be a shame if Gus chooses to play a blame game in the media, which will leave a sour taste at the end of what have been four grand years.

agree, Don't mind Gus going as he has done a great job for us, but don't like the way he is blaming it all on lack of money
But with new debt rules coming in I think we will get there with or without Gus.
lets face it Cardiff had several attempts in the play offs before finally getting there.

I think what is difficult for Tony is find a suitable replacement. In these mad times of managerial changes, I think its 46 now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here