Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Poyet asked to leave?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have heard that Gus stormed out of a meeting today with tony and paul. what should we read into this :S

That to wait and see is the best option.

D

Deleted member 18477

If gus has stormed out of a meeting with Tony then c yaaa gus. Tony Bloom is BHAFC!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I truly believe and isaid this last night onthe coach on the way home , that he will not be our manager come the end of the week.
Di Matteo or Gary Neville possibly with Solksjaer as an outsider.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Has Poyet asked o leave ?

Gus seems to be losing it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What has he got to storm off about? FFP will dictate the transfer budget and wages, while Gus - if you believe his own publicity - is ready to coach any of the bottom 16 in the Prem.

D

Deleted member 22389

If Gus feels he is better suited to joining a Premier League club and he gets the offer we have all dreaded in the past, I say let him go.
At the end of the day Gus has been here for 3 years now, which I think is good for any mananger in this day and age. May be we need a change, may be Gus needs a change. Either way I know that whoever comes will be as good or better. We are a very attractive club on the up. Gone are the days of playing in an athletics stadium. We have sold over 20,000 season tickets again, a brand new state of the art of the stadium, american express as sponsors. There are not many clubs in this country that have this.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Meh, this is idol speculation.

If Gus does leave now, in this way, seemingly because we didn't go up, even though he picks the squad and coaches the team - if he leaves now - I recon that this will be the longest job he ever has in football management.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Gus seems to be in a league of his own, how many other managers/coaches of any team in any league behave like this, stamping their feet in public, no decorum or respect.
We finished 4th and were 3 games away from the Premier League FFS, I'm happy with that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gus seems to be in a league of his own, how many other managers/coaches of any team in any league behave like this, stamping their feet in public, no decorum or respect.
We finished 4th and were 3 games away from the Premier League FFS, I'm happy with that.

But Gus isn't, his eyes are drawing him elsewhere. If he's going I'd rather it be sooner rather than later to give the next man as long as possible to organise next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he did and also with the comments he made post match I suspect the HR Manager has enough evidence for insubordination.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Has Poyet asked o leave ?

just passing on what i have been told. it is a reliable source and make of it what you will.

The tea lady, Gus' PA, bloke in the security hut? No names, just a little more provenance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HTML:
I thought it was a 5 year plan? Seems well on track to me. If Gus is trying to move the goal posts he may be best to try his luck somewhere else. Grass is greener and all that.

I'm not that bothered if he stays or goes after listening to the end of his post match interview a few times.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have heard that Gus stormed out of a meeting today with tony and paul. what should we read into this :S

I would very much doubt that they would have a meeting the very next day after being knocked out of the play offs without having enough time for Gus to "analyze" the bigger picture and see if we have hit the roof.

He would not have stormed out over budgets.... way to soon to set them.

He would have only stormed out if, Tony said what we all would have loved to say to Gus, and the only person in a position to is...... " So Gus, what the feck happened last night the team did not perform upto what we know it can" then he storms out possibly !(if it happened)

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Just go Gus, it's boring now, you've done fantastically well for us but all this touting for jobs together with your post match comments the other night, have made it difficult for you to stay here.
Time for some fresh ideas, enthusiasm and someone who doesn't just see it as a stepping stone.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Seems to me that Gus's post match interview has burnt bridges with many of us supporters. We had just seen our promotion chances extinguished by our fierce rivals and were hurting but also generally had enough sense to see that the seaosn had been a successful one. Then Gus chooses to make it all about him. No appreciation of the supporters and downright disrespect to a chairman that has revolutionised the club.

I am now content to consider life without him at the helm. If he stays then great, but there are plenty of decent managers that would sell a lung for what we have going on at The Amex right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here