Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstandchat - "badware"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Am getting all sorts of warnings about "badware" coming up on my laptop when I try to access NSC through firefox. Is this anything to worry about?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll be honest, I'm still working through things.

I'd run some anti-virus / anti-malware to be safe.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having only just made the drive back to Bristol after last night's calamitous events at the Amex, getting back to Somerset around 2:30, I was going to have an early night tonight. The timing of this could have been better.

It does look as though NSC was compromised in some way - I don't know how yet, but the site is now 'clean' once again. I've changed a few things which could have led to a compromise, but I can't say definitively yet.

As above run some anti-virus and anti-malware if you don't already to ensure you've not caught anything nasty.

Expect NSC to possibly go down again tomorrow night as I continue to investigate and update some of the software we use.

Many apologies for any issues suffered, as well as the downtime to the Albion's main sounding board when there was a lot to talk about today.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I reckon the break in service was probably a good thing to let the dust settle!
:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You may still get "NSC is really, really bad for your PC's health" type warnings for a while - I've submitted a review request that should have that cleared in the near future.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i did cross my mind that @Bozza due to events which i am still unable to repeat had simply jumped off Beachy Head with the NSC button firmly switched to "off".

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Yep my laptop was bombarded with all sorts of warnings last night and this morning about malware etc after trying to log onto NSC. Now I'm getting messages saying NSC wants to add, add ons to my laptop!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep my laptop was bombarded with all sorts of warnings last night and this morning about malware etc after trying to log onto NSC. Now I'm getting messages saying NSC wants to add, add ons to my laptop!

Really?

Can you please take screen prints and send to me at bozza@northstandchst.com.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's scam malware software. Do not subscribe to the suggested new virus checker !! You may have a new icon, security centre, on your desktop. Right click this and find it's location in the properties. Rename the .exe file to anything you like ( may be a hidden file, and you may have to reboot first in safe mode using F8), then reboot normally. Then run your EXISTING virus checker to remove.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Same problems for me through Firefox. Frankly scared off NSC on my PC last night and only accessed this morning through tablet to see what's going on.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My work network is blocking access.

"Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/Iframe-AN has been found on this website"

Maybe I'll be more productive now

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My work network is blocking access.

"Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/Iframe-AN has been found on this website"

Maybe I'll be more productive now

Same here, NSC has always been free to access at work however it's now blocked at work with 'Security Risk' being the reason.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
You guys have probably got Sophos anti-virus and web filtering on your computers that can be very picky about websites, especially ones running php websites/bulletin boards. Find out the admin password. go into add/remove programs and you can happily surf NSC all day again :)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
You guys have probably got Sophos anti-virus and web filtering on your computers that can be very picky about websites, especially ones running php websites/bulletin boards. Find out the admin password. go into add/remove programs and you can happily surf NSC all day again :)

Well yes, except that any half decent corporate IT department is not going to hand out admin passwords to all and sundry, for obvious reason. The best temporary workaround that I've found to run NSC at work while this is still going on is to use logmein or similar programme to run NSC remotely on my home computer (where I've got more control over security settings), and view it on my work machine. Seems to work fine.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I run Sophos, and that wasn't a problem for me. Also, a vast number of websites use PHP, so i'm going to assume that you're talking nonsense.

Haven't spotted a post saying "Thank you Bozza for sorting out NSC for us we know you have a day job as well probably and were naturally upset, as we all were, at Monday's result plus having a long drive home afterwards". Or similar.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thank you Bozza for sorting out NSC for us we know you have a day job as well probably and were naturally upset, as we all were, at Monday's result plus having a long drive home afterwards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thank you Bozza for sorting out NSC for us we know you have a day job as well probably and were naturally upset, as we all were, at Monday's result plus having a long drive home afterwards.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here