Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Another local away game for me next season. I reckon if they keep Martinez that will be one of the promotion places taken. Loads to fight out for the second place with many richer than us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Now we have a chance to beat the FA Cup holders for the second successive season.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I wouldn't be disappointed if I was a Wigan fan. Who cares if they got relegated. They won the cup!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I wouldn't be disappointed if I was a Wigan fan. Who cares if they got relegated. They won the cup!

Because being in the premier league brings in around £60-70m per season. Winning the FA cup wins £1.8m.

Their best players will be picked off, they will likely lost their manager (to us maybe!), their fanbase will halve overnight.

The year they got promoted from the Championship they averaged 11,000 supporters, they still only average 75% capacity in the prem.

I can see Wigan sliding back into obscurity now.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Because being in the premier league brings in around £60-70m per season. Winning the FA cup wins £1.8m.

Their best players will be picked off, they will likely lost their manager (to us maybe!), their fanbase will halve overnight.

The year they got promoted from the Championship they averaged 11,000 supporters, they still only average 75% capacity in the prem.

I can see Wigan sliding back into obscurity now.
Yep....they're a tinpot club in a small town where football isn't even the most popular sport.......they bought their way into the premier league & Whelan only backed them to support his own ego trip......and next season's Europa League games should damage them further,

Hopefully they'll be following Wolves straight down.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've always said that Wigan have the most potential of all the teams in the prem (at risk of relegation) of abasolutely storming the Championship next season, and I stand by that. Yes they'll lose McManaman and probably Maloney and Kone, but the rest of the squad are NOT on big money. I think they can keep an excellent core there.

Wolves were in limbo when relegated. Dave Whelan has always budgeted with that evenuality in mind.

Cue wigan now doing 'A wolves' next season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep....they're a tinpot club in a small town where football isn't even the most popular sport.......they bought their way into the premier league & Whelan only backed them to support his own ego trip.......

Agree

Many wont understand me on this, but I hate Wigan Ath more than I hate Palace....

He will thow money at the team though and they wont go straight through the league, serious threat next year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here