Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reaction back at work

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So how was it today, hope you all got through work unscathed with little or no piss taking. The blokes at work were pretty kind, most wanted us to go up and they could see how pissed off I was so no mickey taking.
*Note:- this not an excuse for palace to start ripping the piss again*

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I held a look on my face for 10 hours to suggest to anyone that if they even hint at mentioning last nights game I would have throat punched them :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Took my mind off it to be honest. Most people were sympathetic - especially the Charlton and Spurs fans in the office. The one Palace supporter was quiet and sympathetic to how I felt. That was good, because otherwise I would have sacked her.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pretty good on the whole. Had a few people take the piss when they have nothing to do with either club and I have never said anything about their clubs. That was a bit annoying!

Other than that most of the guys were alright and sympathetic. I've never had so many people offer me a coffee

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
One of my Palace supporting colleagues kindly showed me a map of Wembley, and pointed out the seat he and his lad had booked. I should have pointed out how nice it would be for him to see what a modern stadium looked like!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ironically it was my Palace mate at school who barely took the piss! All the premier league plastics had a field day, especially the Manure lot who were delighted with Z***'s performance

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was 20 min late yesterday, I had trouble getting out of bed due to a storming hangover, as soon as I walked in my boss pointed at me and shouted loud enough so that everyone else on the shop floor could hear. "Haha, losing to Palace 2-0, you should be embarrassed with yourself. You won't be coming up to White Hart Lane next season then...."

He got a very loud "F**K YOU" in reply. I made a cup of coffee and sulked my way to the end of the factory to my machine and stayed there pretty much the whole day keeping myself to myself, no one really came to see me which suited me as I just wanted to get out of there, and also partly wanting to keep a low profile as I'd just sworn at my boss with venom.

Everything was back to normal today so no harm done, thank god.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fortunately, the Palace supporter in the office is on leave this week.

Gives me time to steel myself for next Monday when he's back!

Mine is back tomorrow... He's alright though... Will be very even handed about it all.

Which somehow makes it worse

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Most people at work were supportive and full of encouragement for next season so could have been worse. I wore all black yesterday but today back to normal.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
To be honest it was a great relief to be back in the office. I work at a large church in central London. The Rector is an Albion fan, so we consoled each other, while the boss of the church's equivalent of the Alpha Course is Palace, so I suspect he will be giving the Rector some friendly teasing. He used to be my boss's boss, so it's quite good that he no longer is. Funnily enough I was chatting with one of the other Ministers who is a Leicester fan, so he consoled me. However, we wish for different results on 27th May. He wants Palace to win, owing to Watford having knocked Leicester out. Surprisingly I do not.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have the pleasure of working with 4 Palace,they make me sick,i $$$$$$$ hate them at the moment!!!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Work? They were pretty nice down the local Wetherspoons. Sorry, forgot. Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here