Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official "was Donna Marie, that opera singer a good idea" Poll

Was it a good idea to have Donna Marie on before kick off?

• Yes

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Before kick off I thought yes, now I think no.

But do you think having Donna Marie on before the match was a good thing?

If we didn't have those clackers drowning her out then yes. Remember, there's nothing wrong with trying to bring some culture to those without any (there were about 2,000 of them last night).

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure it was a good idea in terms of generating atmosphere. Maybe just for GOSBTS and get her on at half time to sing.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Yes. She was the best part of the whole evening. Sadly.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The fact is when you lose like we did last night, everything the club or we fans did above the norm to show our support is regrettable - flags, clappers, face paint, the guy in the blue and white jester hat who was shown on TV blubbing behind his clapper...

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Yes she was excellent ... shame not all our players put in the same level of performance :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd have her every week.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thing is, on a normal matchday 75% of supporters never get their seat until the ref blows his whistle for kick off as they have to finish the 3 pints they purchase at 20 minutes before ko.

Therefore this poll is really only for those who are in their seats pre-fanzone

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why did she sing You Raise Me Up? That is more suited to charity award nights when somone walks up to the stage to collect their prize. Up there with Search for the Hero by M People or whatever it is called.

Clackers? Opera singers? No thanks. Just stopped the fans from getting going pre-match.

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
I believe her, the sea of Blue and White should have been done on the last game of his season.

The clackers can **** off.

The atmosphere would have been good enough against a rival with a lot at stake without this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think the club tried too hard on Monday night to generate the atmosphere Gus wanted rather than let it happen organically. The clackers were sh1t except for that sea of blue and white and as for our stadium announcer shouting out instructions to hold the effing things up...

Don't EVER do crap like that again please Albion-let us, the fans, generate the atmosphere. You can bring the opera singer back but put a number on her shirt-I said to a friend that the zero was a bad omen :rant:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that she would have been better to have sung GOSBTS and then her singing her songs at half time would have been better. Her performance before the game was very limited and she only sung 2 songs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Incredible talent, and apparently she doesn't prostitute herself at every opportunity, unlike our manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here