Votes: 102 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes there is a thread debating it but let's have a poll to put this one to bed for good.

Were the clappers a good idea?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, they were great. No, they had no tangible impact on the team's performance, positive or otherwise. The buck stops with the team and manager.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can see this being a close call......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't like them much but wouldn't really vote 'no' either. I was far more disappointed with the opera... she's a fine singer but that was all far too slow and overhwhelmed the excitement. It's good when she does Sussex by the Sea but save the rest for 'kick and clap' at Twickenham.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
They were great for the display and the words to Sussex by the Sea. But the happy clapping was just embarrassing and sounded a bit shit.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Display was good although not manically creative. Not a fan of those sorts of things in general unless there is some fan input on it

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They'd be fine to get a bit of noise going for an early season match or something. However, there was no need last night, and I think that they did distract from singing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They'd be fine to get a bit of noise going for an early season match or something. However, there was no need last night, and I think that they did distract from singing.

What difference would that have made anyway? Would singing have meant Ashley Barnes' effort have gone in off the woodwork?

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My view is that as a banner it was great and we could go further and have more elaborate designs. We missed a trick though. We should have given them to Palace fans as well spelling out "scum" on them.

But the clapper noise was a killer and meant all singing was pointless and drowned out.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
If I was a Palace fan I'd be pissing myself at the (excuse me) gayness of it all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The clapper wind effect obviously caused Barnes shot to hit the crossbar.

Seriously, It was the north wind that caused the deflection to rise and inch and cost us the match,

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Terrible idea.

But not worse than starting without two strikers up front. That had a much more negative effect on the atmosphere than clappers, displays, opera singers, etc.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Said the man/woman whose name is Sausage!!!

Does the word sausage have gay implications?

Jumping Jesus H.. - If I'd have known I'd have called myself Chip or Butch or summat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here