Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Station Pre-match

Can't see this posted anywhere else so:

What the hell was all that about at Lewes station pre-match.

25 minutes we were held for in the overhead walkways, they've never done that before, I suspect many missed kick off.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I know what a joke,

A few people we getting really annoyed and frustrated just standing on the steps so demanded answers. It took 15 mins for them to tell us the stupid reason. The explanation was people could not go on the platform because the next train was not stopping there. wtf? They did in fact make the trains stop and take passengers.

Totally no need for it and could have caused major issue as tempers were starting to boil.

Fortunately i was at the back and made kick off after picking my ticket up from club shop.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I do not understand why on match days the Ashford train cannot stop at Falmer, this would then avoid a lot of fans getting off the train at Lewes onto a platform already full of fans waiting for the next train

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't see this posted anywhere else so:

What the hell was all that about at Lewes station pre-match.

25 minutes we were held for in the overhead walkways, they've never done that before, I suspect many missed kick off.

Yep I was one of those kettled on that bridge. Just as well they radioed that quick train to stop otherwise half of us would have missed KO. Ridiculous.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I do not understand why on match days the Ashford train cannot stop at Falmer, this would then avoid a lot of fans getting off the train at Lewes onto a platform already full of fans waiting for the next train

Does seem a bit strange. I know that when Spurs play at home midweek trains that don't normally stop at Northumberland Park in the evening make the extra stop.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Got there about 7:08 on the Victoria train and suffered the same as above. Never had delays like that prior to the game before, the police just seemed to keep stopping us getting to the ground even after arriving at Falmer. Only just got to my seat to see the teams coming out.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
I got to Lewes at 6.15 & only just made it for kick off. Usually have loads of time. Must have been two trains worth of people after our train left.
Was pretty lively at Lewes, good humoured until people started wondering if they would actually get there in time and it started getting a bit heated.
Coming back was the usual 40 odd minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here