Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus seeks reassurances from Tony Bloom about the future!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hang on, surely this should be the other way round.
Gus has had fantastic support from his Chairman but is that faith being repaid? Desperate to manage at a higher level and with an ego the size of the Albert Hall, our manager constantly courts the press to talk up his ambition.
But does his ambition match his ability?
Is he learning fast enough to hold down a better job? He was outwitted by an older, more experienced hand last night and thats certainly not the first time we've seen it happen. Holloway learnt from the first leg and upped his game. Gus didn't, pressing ahead with the usual game plan. Holloway made decisive substitutions and went looking to finish the job. Gus waited and paid the penalty.
How come Palace were so fired up last night and some of our players looked like they had treacle in their boots? How come, every time we go a goal down, we know we can't win the game? How come heads drop in our our team when we fall behind? How come we still haven't got the right balance in the team?
When they sit down for their ' meeting ' I suggest Tony Bloom asks...." How come Mr Poyet? "

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Hang on, surely this should be the other way round.
Gus has had fantastic support from his Chairman but is that faith being repaid? Desperate to manage at a higher level and with an ego the size of the Albert Hall, our manager constantly courts the press to talk up his ambition.
But does his ambition match his ability?
Is he learning fast enough to hold down a better job? He was outwitted by an older, more experienced hand last night and thats certainly not the first time we've seen it happen. Holloway learnt from the first leg and upped his game. Gus didn't, pressing ahead with the usual game plan. Holloway made decisive substitutions and went looking to finish the job. Gus waited and paid the penalty.
How come Palace were so fired up last night and some of our players looked like they had treacle in their boots? How come, every time we go a goal down, we know we can't win the game? How come heads drop in our our team when we fall behind? How come we still haven't got the right balance in the team?
When they sit down for their ' meeting ' I suggest Tony Bloom asks...." How come Mr Poyet? "

I agree with every word of that, but dont be suprised when the 'Gus cant do no wrong brigade' tear it to pieces for questioning there glorious leader.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Considering we only had a mid-table budget - Finishing 4th is a great achievement.

Thankfully TB wouldn't talk to Gus like a patronising tw@t like that - and they have a great mutual respect for each other.

Fully agree on the TB comment - thankfully he has a bit of class about him. Not sure the mutual respect thing comes across when Poyet speaks though. Haven't seen him thank or even mention the Chairman recently - just moan about funds and 'seek' assurances on budget/club hitting the roof etc.

Would be interested to know how much Palace's squad cost and what their wage bill is compared to ours...

houlio

May 9, 2008
Considering we only had a mid-table budget - Finishing 4th is a great achievement.

Thankfully TB wouldn't talk to Gus like a patronising tw@t like that - and they have a great mutual respect for each other.

A larger budget next season should see us serious promotion contenders.
absolutely spot on! 10 games to go and we were not even expecting the play offs and we put an amazing run together so that when we eventually lose a game people come and slag the team off. we were the form team at the end and i fully expect us to carry that through to the new season. we looked tired last night in the second half but after the way we ended the season im not that suprised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would be interested to know how much Palace's squad cost and what their wage bill is compared to ours...

They can control their wage bill to some extent by bringing through Academy players into the first team. I heard Winifred was only on £3k a week basic this season.

brightonian

Feb 2, 2004
hove
We got to fourth by drawing not winning

Poyet needs to look at himself in the mirror

We were second best for 90 minutes

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Poyet also wants to remember who gave him his chance, what facilities he had when took over the job and what he has now.
He should also look to what TB is giving him at the currently being built training and academy ground, that Gus asked for.
He should also remember whilst TB was paying for the stadium, he was also giving him around £5mill in transfer money.
I am sure if this is not enough for Gus, then there are plenty of good managers out there who are prepared to work in such dreadful working conditions.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Think he's done amazingly but these stupid unprofessional media outbursts got old years ago.

If he wants more money then why is he saying it on national television? Seriously, why is he doing that?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

A larger budget next season should see us serious promotion contenders.

This is exactly it, he wants a bigger budget. To get out if this league you need it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We got to fourth by drawing not winning

Poyet needs to look at himself in the mirror

We were second best for 90 minutes

I think if you watch the interview, it's pretty clear that Poyet will be looking at himself in the mirror too as part of his overall thought process on where we go from here. He'd have been better to keep his mouth shut about a lot of this and deal with it behind closed doors, but his tone was more considered than it appears on paper and he was clearly very disappointed for the club and fans, not just himself.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Think he's done amazingly but these stupid unprofessional media outbursts got old years ago.

If he wants more money then why is he saying it on national television? Seriously, why is he doing that?

Because Barber has been publicly banging on about our budget and not over stretching etc, so is barber unprofessional in doing that? Poyet sent a warning shot of his own, help me improve this team to get to the prem!
We have an ambitious manager that wants to take BHAFC to the prem, and some are shocked that he is asking for more money to do it?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Because Barber has been publicly banging on about our budget and not over stretching etc, so is barber unprofessional in doing that? Poyet sent a warning shot of his own, help me improve this team to get to the prem!
We have an ambitious manager that wants to take BHAFC to the prem, and some are shocked that he is asking for more money to do it?
I would hate a manager that doesn't tell fans like it is. Publicly tell us more!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Barber is the chief executive, you expect him to talk publicly about finances!

I'm not shocked Poyet is asking for more money, it's the job of every manager to ask for more money, there is absolutely no reason he has to do it in the national media after a game though! If he wants more money then ask Barber/Bloom behind closed doors.

If people are ok with it that's fine, I personally don't want the club to be run like that.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I would hate a manager that doesn't tell fans like it is. Publicly tell us more!

So you would not hate Barber for not telling the fans the way it is then?
Surely Poyet, Barber and Bloom sit round a table discuss budgets in private so Gus must be fully aware of the situation.
It smacks to me of Poyet not being happy with what he has for next season and crying in public.
Or he is trying to cover his own failings with not having enough to get us to the PL, when he was beaten last night by a manager who has had far less to spend..

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey

Agree, don't shit on your own doorstep!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here