Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want after Gus

briggsy

May 2, 2011
West Hove
I personally think Gus will leave if he gets offered a Premiership job so the next question is who would you like to succeed him

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Kevin Keegan

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
There is no way that di matteo is coming. Alan curbishley is the best option. He actually would want to be our manager and that means a lot these days. We need this situation resolved quickly if Gus wants to go let him. Only problem there is no jobs!! Needs some sackings to happen quick.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I personally think Gus will leave if he gets offered a Premiership job so the next question is who would you like to succeed him

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Although I think it might be tough to pesuade him to move his family from Norway.
Roberto Di Matteo - Not sure he would take the job.
Steve Coppell - As long as his head was right we would probably make top two but I am not sure he would carry on the passing style we have.
Roberto Martinez - If Wigan go down he might be tempted but I expect Everton may go for him.
Chris Powell - Think he would do well with a better squad than he has now.

Or someone from abroad that I have not heard of/thought of who will continue and build on Gus's great work. Whatever happens a decision needs to made ASAP.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Mick McCarthy, has done some wonderful things at Ipswich and knows his way around the Championship. Although i think Di Matteo could be great his credentials don't really transfer to the championship, things are messier and its like a monday night in Stoke every game. i think the main thing is to get someone who knows promotion and is passionate about managing this club, oh and most importantly someone with a good transfer record! No Nigel Pearsons here please.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I really hope Gus stays but if he does go, I wonder whether we might look overseas for a new manager. One manager I have been impressed with over here is Uwe Rosler at Brentford. He has built a decent team and they were a missed penalty from finishing in the top two and may yet go up.

However, nobody thought we would get Gus last time so we may go for someone none of us expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here