Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East-Bound Trains.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know this has been brought up before but can somebody take a look at the arrangements for the platform organization during the closed season? The West-bound side is simple as everyone who wants to go in that direction gets on the first train that arrives and it all clears reasonably quickly.
However the problem on the other side is that when the railway staff/stewards decide the platform is full they shut the gate which is fair enough but there are 3 destinations for incoming trains (4 yesterday with the Special Palace train) and I would assume a third of those on the platform don't want the first train that arrives, so it leaves with lots of seats empty. Now the train leaves and the platform gate is reopened and the platform is allowed to fill again.
Now when the next train arrives anything from a half to two thirds of the people on the platform don't want it so it also leaves with lots of empty seats too, while lots of people that do want that train are locked outside of the platform. The station would empty a lot quicker if the people that were on the platform would all get on the first train and change at Lewes but they don't.
I know there isn't a lot of space to segregate people but it would work so much better if separate queues could be used. Thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here