Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Palace

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Fair play to Palace they out thought and out fought us last night.

However the final is HUGE for them. Lose, and they start next season in the Championship without Zaha and missing Murray for six months.

In short...

COME ON WATFORD!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a shame Watford got to the final though isn't it. Obviously I hope they win because they've got Palace, but lets face it - Watford's ground isn't even fit for purpose and they've fielded a team of loanees all season. Something like EIGHT loan signings started against Leicester, which is disgraceful.

What else is on telly on Monday 27th?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not sure I feel comfortable with Udinese's B team in the Premier League. Against my better judgement (and I know it won't be a popular opinion), I think it might be better for football if Palace were to go up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not sure I feel comfortable with Udinese's B team in the Premier League. Against my better judgement (and I know it won't be a popular opinion), I think it might be better for football if Palace were to go up.

Go and have a lie down, You're not thinking straight :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Palace have a great chance. Watford can be devastating, but they are far from consistent. Palace seem to have a lot of fight in them, and as we have seen, Zaha only takes a few moments of brillance to make it game over.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Fair play to Palace they out thought and out fought us last night.

However the final is HUGE for them. Lose, and they start next season in the Championship without Zaha and missing Murray for six months.

In short...

COME ON WATFORD!!!

They will get a wad for Zaha and he maybe loaned back for another season in the prem league and also don't the runners up still receive a good pay out? They will have a pretty good budget to buy new players in but yes COME ON WATFORD!!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Obviously the only consolation would be if Watford smash palace at wembley.

I was of the view that Watford shouldn't go up because of their loophole exploits, but seeing palace get promoted, and beating us to get there, would be possibly the worst thing that could ever happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on Watford #ABTN

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Are Watford not under transfer embargo next season? Assuming they go up and it stands should make them relegation fodder.

Brightonhornet

May 14, 2013
I'm a Brighton based Watford fan - first of all, commiserations for last night.

I wanted to set a few things straight about our "disgraceful" loanees.

First of all, Watford didn't really have much choice. The new regime took over just a couple of weeks before the season - there wasn't the luxury of time to identify and buy players. Plus they were under a transfer embargo for most of the summer when the new board told the league about shenanigans under the old owner (who was subsequently banned for three years). As a result, Udinese threw a lot of players at Watford who trained with the club until they were able to sign them on loan - there was no other way of getting players

Secondly, the players here have come with a view to signing permanently should they and the club want it

Thirdly, what is the big deal? The players who have come have effectively signed one year contracts (under international loan regulations). Many clubs sign players for a season. How is this so different?

Fourthly, why is this so wrong? Many clubs have been taken over by rich owners who have showered their clubs with money. Watford have been given players instead - many of them young, inexperienced players. None of them were established Udinese first teamers. Zola somehow made a great team out of them. Watford aren't risking their club's future on massive transfer fees and wages - it's a very sensible business model for the club

The players, by the way, seem passionate about the club and its supporters - just look at some of the scenes in the town on Sunday night.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Best of luck for next season - hope you win the league (unless we're in it, in which case hope you're runners up)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
palace didn't do anything special last night apart from turn up and have a go......there are a couple of body parts that are quite important to sportsmen of all codes of football ....they are known as testicles.

i couldn't believe what i was seeing last night........we were shit....!!!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Wow Just Wow. Now let me get this right. It is better for football that a club, that has twice in just over a decade, used without their permission other peoples money to pay for them stay in leagues they cannot afford to be in. They are viewed in your eyes, a better club than one who has played within the rules, albeit a rule that nobody agrees should be allowed, but the fact is they did comply, than one who stole other peoples money. Wow!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Watford haven't really got a transfer embargo have they? Their transfers just have to be sanctioned by the FA before they are completed. I'm sure watford will do ok in the premier league. The pozzo family must have extensive contacts and scouting ability they'll sort out a few decent transfers should Watford go up.

Personally notwithstanding the rivalry I'd prefer Watford to go up as they play more exciting and attractive football, Zola's also a good lad. People resent them for the loans but they've provided a good reason for the loans and they are still playing some of the local talent that had been nurtured for example Briggs. It's not as if we can make that claim.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here