Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for Gus to leave?

Gus, should he stay or should he go?

• He should stay, we can get better still with him.

Votes: 199 72.9%
  • He should go, we have gone as far as we can with him.

Votes: 74 27.1%

• Total voters

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Whether that be because you think he has taken us as far as he can or after his comments regarding last nights game.

Don't get me wrong he is he best manager in my time and I am over the moon that we finished 4th but his comments last night were just un called for and for me it shows he doesn't really want to be here and if he doesn't want to be here...... I don't want him here.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've not found a thread that actually states what he said yet. If he went, I fear for who we might get in as a replacement, and would it be any better. Don't forget there's loads on here who wanted Holloway not too long ago, also Di Canio and I think they're both muppets.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Whether that be because you think he has taken us as far as he can or after his comments regarding last nights game.

Don't get me wrong he is he best manager in my time and I am over the moon that we finished 4th but his comments last night were just un called for and for me it shows he doesn't really want to be here and if he doesn't want to be here...... I don't want him here.

Did you find your Ipad?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm angry at him for last night's comments but you can't overestimate the importance of stability.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't believe that there are people who still want Gus to stay after his post match comments last night. Why is there such blind devotion of the man when he clearly doesn't want to be here? I will always be grateful for the great season we've had but at the end of the day the club is much, much bigger than Gus, whether he thinks so or not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So who do you lot want as a manager then?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I think it is time for fresh ideas and some new faces.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Some of us knew it was time a year ago. Unfortunately, by allowing him to stay, we've just wasted another season of The Amex buzz and the big crowds.

YOU revel in us losing. Great fan that. You might think you knew something but here's a gem for you: you know sweet f.a. About anything. If you're such a sage you'd have an opinion on the good and the bad times. But you don't. In our best season in a generation you still resurface as predictable as night following day, to be a negative bellend when feelings are still raw - and you're an undeservedly smug and arrogant bellend at that. You're a lonely, attention seeking, tragic little weed who gets his jollies by starting arguments on the internet. Some of us knew that years ago. Do everyone a favour and piss off and 'support' someone else.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just what we needed after the game:

"I've not been in this situation but I don't like it," he said. "It's changed my view completely about everything I was prepared for, so we'll see now.

"I have always said that all the time we keep improving I am going to be at this football club and the day we hit the roof, I'm not.

"Is there something more? Right now I don't know, so I need to make sure I know there is, because if not I am not going to stay forever."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Give it a week, and if he can't get motivated for one more tilt at the Premiership then he should call it a day because there are other talented managers who can.

I hope he can get motivated though - we're really not far away from having a good chance.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can't believe that there are people who still want Gus to stay after his post match comments last night. Why is there such blind devotion of the man when he clearly doesn't want to be here? I will always be grateful for the great season we've had but at the end of the day the club is much, much bigger than Gus, whether he thinks so or not.

If he wants to walk, then so be it. I think he shoots his mouth off too readily, but this is not a reason for the sack.

He needs a couple of dayts reflection, calm down, then use this disappointment as a motivator to go one better next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he doesn't back his own ability to get us up, then why should we.

He couldn't even find it in himself to lift the fans after the defeat, more interested in project poyet.

Possibly time for him to go, if not I hope he starts treating the club with a bit more respect, it's not all about him.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
We had automatic promotion form for the second half of the season, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. I can't believe how fickle some of the people on this forum are. Obviously he should be allowed the opportunity to continue the progress, and I'll echo the comment above that stability is very important and neglected by too many clubs. Yes we lost to the better team tonight but it was 1 game.

If he goes, good luck to him and I'm confident that Tony Bloom will bring in a worthy replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here