Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lest we forget....we will be better, stronger and more equipped next season!

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Stop all the clocks, ode to Palarse
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone

W. H. Auden (abridged in honour of 17th March, 2013)

Stop all the clocks at 13:54, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the ref from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the scum and with muffled drum
Gus bring out the coffin, let the Palarse mourners come.

Let Seagulls circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on Sky the message "The Scum are Dead,"
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the remaining public Eagles,
Let the riot policemen insist they're not legal

He was my North Stand, my South Stand, my East and West Stand Brighton Boy,
My working week and my Sunday midday kick-off,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love for Sunday bloody Sunday, Spanish and Leo would last for ever: I was wrong.

The floodlights are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up Zaha and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the Murray and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

:albion2::albion2::clap2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bit odd ???

Returning to the title, I am far from sure of this. In the immediate future it seems that our managerial situation is far from certain. We have many players out of contract. Bridge and Upson, who underpinned our defensive solidity in the second half of the season, will more than likely be off. It's too early to say what will happen over the close season but if I were a betting man I wouldn't be putting money on our finishing 4th or better next year.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bit odd ???

Returning to the title, I am far from sure of this. In the immediate future it seems that our managerial situation is far from certain. We have many players out of contract. Bridge and Upson, who underpinned our defensive solidity in the second half of the season, will more than likely be off. It's too early to say what will happen over the close season but if I were a betting man I wouldn't be putting money on our finishing 4th or better next year.

Agreed.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I hope you are right and that I am wrong. Genuinely. However, how the dust from last night settles remains to be seen.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Bit odd ???

This was a positive recollection of the glory we experienced at our place the last time we played Palace, for me the season's highlight. Phillistine!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can a ref be placated with a bone?

Apologies for my philistine tendencies. Positivity is a good thing. Yours clearly returned quicker than mine. I just need a day or two to work the angst through my system.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Bit odd ???

Totally agree with you. Unfortunately.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Can a ref be placated with a bone?

Apologies for my philistine tendencies. Positivity is a good thing. Yours clearly returned quicker than mine. I just need a day or two to work the angst through my system.

Of course, my boy cried after the first goal went in last night, he knew what we all felt but this wasn't caught on Sky cameras. I just said if we get to Wembley he would get the chance I missed when I was 8 years old. Delighted that he knows which side his bread is buttered and will always hate the scum. I will be cheering on the Hornets from the highest vantage point.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here