Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a night to chuck his toys out the pram and hint on leaving

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I'd say that if he intends to go it's a good time. The season is over after all. Gives us longer to plan a replacement.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep im getting fed up of poyet and hove albion atm

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Where is he going to go?

On last night's performance he isn't ready for a club like Everton nor is he ready for the Premier League just yet. If he stays-fine. If he wants to go-go now because this club is bigger than any player or manager and last night was not the time to use a post game TV interview as his updated video CV.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well he can't go until some club pays up his contract, that may take a while. But if he is going it would be better now than late July!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not the best response from him following a devasting defeat. Seems very concerened with project poyet rather than the club. I have real cncerns over the squad with key players out of contract and what we need now is a fully committed manager to keep the club moving forward and I hope poyet is that person, but if not lets move on quickly so as not to derail the progress

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was so disappointed with Poyet's naïve after match comments. He expects his players to be professional so I imagine they would have expected the same from their manager. What he said should have been behind closed doors in the days after the match. What he should have done was apologise for the defeat and to the fans and have the humility to accept he was out thought by the opposition manager and his team were outfought too. Of course he was disappointed, gutted even but basically throwing in the towel and trying to deflect the blame onto the budget or other influences is totally unacceptable to me. I have always thought that the end would be a flounce but he came across really badly last night and his comments are unlikely to endear him to any bigger clubs than us looking for a manager. He should have held his hands up and taken some responsibility. Doesn't seem to have questioned himself at all.

He's done a great job but he has been given the tools to do so. I won't be that worried if he goes, we are in a good place with or without him.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I was so disappointed with Poyet's naïve after match comments. He expects his players to be professional so I imagine they would have expected the same from their manager. What he said should have been behind closed doors in the days after the match. What he should have done was apologise for the defeat and to the fans and have the humility to accept he was out thought by the opposition manager and his team were outfought too. Of course he was disappointed, gutted even but basically throwing in the towel and trying to deflect the blame onto the budget or other influences is totally unacceptable to me. I have always thought that the end would be a flounce but he came across really badly last night and his comments are unlikely to endear him to any bigger clubs than us looking for a manager. He should have held his hands up and taken some responsibility. Doesn't seem to have questioned himself at all.

He's done a great job but he has been given the tools to do so. I won't be that worried if he goes, we are in a good place with or without him.

Superb answer Sir.

There has always been a hint of 'Me Me Me' about Mr Poyet and he had no grace in that interview whatsoever. He sometimes forgets that it is him that has made mistakes and he is responsible for the team but no, he wants more money or he is off. Awful interview.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

100% This. Driving home and heard him say what he did, my immediate reaction was "well f*ck off then"

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Everyone is naturally disappointed,but disappointments happen in football and in life in general.Time for some leadership and responsibility ,I reckon........not the opposite.
If he goes,the sooner the better.Don't think the club would have too much of a problem attracting a suitable succesor.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Humility is a trait somewhat lacking in Mr. Poyet. As is an ability to take responsibility for his own (bad) decision making. it's not attractive.

Last night showed why he will always be a good Manager but never a great Manager. He bottled last night and we went out because of the way the team was set up. To defensive Gus we were at home not away.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I didn't hang around for the post match interviews so I will have to try and find it somewhere online when I get home tonight, starting to feel dog tired now and it's only 3.00pm.:yawn:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think,although he explained himself poorly,that without the funding he cannot get us to that next level. IMO Mr Bloom will go some way to provide that funding ,however managers are always wanting a bigger budget,Poyet is no different.The difference is that Mr Bloom can see we are are very close now,to the premiership.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He's not as good as he thinks he is.

Quite this.....The attacking, we play to win every game Poyet myth exposed....Reverted to type as always. Totally out foxed tacitly by old worzel and his response is a shrug of the shoulders.The im so clever grin and refer to being under contract.....ps where was Vicente when we needed him?did he have a splinter in his are from Friday night..half a million in wages well spent.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

More agreement with Icy Gull. It seems that this comment sums up the feeling of many of us. It would have been nice to see a little class, some humility and perhaps some empathy for supporters who are hurting. What we actually got was the response of a two year old, stomping and shouting.

I've been a long-time supporter of Gus but nobody is untouchable. It might be time for Tony to take him down a peg or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here