Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was shit

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely right, we were like rabbits caught in the headlights, couldn't get our game going at all, too many players went missing, were Spanish Dave and Orlandi actually playing?, l don't remember seeing them, Ulloa was isolated couldn't get a sniff of the ball, Buckley was far too lightweight throughout, Hammond to slow and ponderous, the entire defence weren't their usual assured selves either.

The whole game from our perspective was played too slowly, rather like a training match. The one player who to my mind did come out of the game with some credit was Ashley Barnes, who did at least seem to want to be there, his first touch was a shot which deflected on to the bar, and his second a header which was cleared off the line.

It was time for a 'Plan B' from Gus tonight when he saw how badly things were going, but alas, he didn't seem to have one. Palace simply seemed to want to win more than we did.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I could see 5 mins into the second half how it was going to go. If we'd have scored early on, I think we would have walked it by 2 or 3, but we didn't and there was only going to be one result.

I worry about this "passing" football at times - it can be pretty, but there were several times we passed it across the back, far too close to an attacker for no reason - asking for trouble. Also, how many times were we getting towards their box, we cut back, fart around passing it 5 feet going nowhere, then lose it - I lost count. Frustrating.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
i think the statistic that if an away team scores first at the Amex historically they then win - in 2 years there now that's a pretty shocking record when got such great support and stadium and when palace went 1 up, history yet again repeated itself....and it felt inevitable to me

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Palace's tactics were spot on. Every time one of our players had the ball they were closed down quickly.

Unfortunately, when teams have done this, they have done well against us. We didn't manage to bring Ulloa into the game over the entire 180 minutes.

I'm trying to stay positive. Every season under Gus has been progression, assuming he stays, a similar progression next season should be enough (although I am worried that they league will be tougher next year).

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm afraid the flairistas didn't turn up. They didnt fancy a fight one bit. Palace wanted it, they fought for everything, outmuscled us, tactically better under holloway, more strength in depth than us.

Sometimes in football you need to roll your sleeves up and get involved in a battle on the pitch. Orlandi, Spanish Dave showed you how not to battle and fight for a place in the final at Wembley.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here