Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Atmosphere' tonight

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
What a joke...

Not sure what it was like in the rest of the ground, but the South stand was one of the worst atmospheres I have been to this season and pretty sure the whole ground atmosphere was lacking heavily tonight and probably had an impact on the result. Also seemed full of plastic fans who didnt really give a google if Brighton won or not. The guy sitting next to me (who spent all game on his iPhone) asked me in all seriousness what would happen if the game finished 1-1... Really?

What is it with the over sanitised feel at the Amex at the mo? Seemed like Palace fans were given full reign to do what they wanted whilst we had to sit there like gimps and made to feel gratefull?

It won't be happening next season for me.

Last edited:

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
When has the south stand not had crap atmosphere, all the people wanting to sing and shout are at the other end.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I must admit I said to my mate that tonight's atmosphere was truly shocking from us and it looked like it rubbed off a bit into the players.

Them clacker things were a nightmare, drown out any song that gets going.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The whole ground was rocking until the goal went in.....stop stirring up unnecessary garbage.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The clappers ruined any atmosphere we could create, instead of singing, people just thought it was an excuse to use those clapper things.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Pathetic attempt in my opinion. The whole place sounded like a mass boot camp for a Pontins Kids Club. I was half expecting us to cheer and clap the players on to the pitch, but no, everyone was too busy holding up bits of card.

Jan 30, 2008
What a joke...

Not sure what it was like in the rest of the ground, but the South stand was one of the worst atmospheres I have been to this season and pretty sure the whole ground atmosphere was lacking heavily tonight and probably had an impact on the result. Also seemed full of plastic fans who didnt really give a google if Brighton won or not. The guy sitting next to me (who spent all game on his iPhone) asked me in all seriousness what would happen if the game finished 1-1... Really?

What is it with the over sanitised feel at the Amex at the mo? Seemed like Palace fans were given full reign to do what they wanted whilst we had to sit there like gimps and made to feel gratefull?

It won't be happening next season for me.
spot on mate, everything i've said about some of the types we've attracted is right, absolute joke support last night ,robotic aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion aaaaaaaaaalbion chants and those shitty clackers WAS THE BEST WE COULD MUSTER , it's been emotional but i'm glad i'm out of this bollox
regards
DR

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
the clackers were about as plastic a gesture as could ever see - 28,000+ singing in semi unison would have given a more intimidating atmosphere and to be honest, I thought they discouraged singing and made the club look tinpot! I mean clackers shaped like Spanish fans, the Palace fans must have pi**ed themselves laughing when they saw that!!!!!!!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I thought the atmosphere was great last night.

All it needed to make it special was for the players to turn up.

TB

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
the clackers were about as plastic a gesture as could ever see - 28,000+ singing in semi unison would have given a more intimidating atmosphere and to be honest, I thought they discouraged singing and made the club look tinpot! I mean clackers shaped like Spanish fans, the Palace fans must have pi**ed themselves laughing when they saw that!!!!!!!
Your a bundle of f***ing joy aren't you?

TB

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought the atmosphere was great last night.

All it needed to make it special was for the players to turn up.

TB

Personally I thought the atmosphere was the best since the Doncaster game. There's some right miserable gits on this site. I'm sure that some of those complaining would have preferred had we stayed at Withdean.

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Great in the north but thought it did tail off. Fair play to East I thought as well, especially first half. In D in the north and can't normally hear them but could last night

The clackers were ridiculous imo, too concerned about what we looked like on SS. If the shithurst drum sounds horrendous on SS then no idea what those things must have been like

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was very loud in the WSU. Until they scored.

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Great in the north but thought it did tail off. Fair play to East I thought as well, especially first half. In D in the north and can't normally hear them but could last night

The clackers were ridiculous imo, too concerned about what we looked like on SS. If the shithurst drum sounds horrendous on SS then no idea what those things must have been like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here