Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eleven end of season musings

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
1. We're all too emotional tonight to have rational debate about anything much at all.

2. Poyet has done a tremendous job for us, even if he has spoken out of turn tonight and even if (or "when" in my view) he leaves before next season.

3. If offered at the beginning of the season, most of us would have taken making the play-offs and going out (albeit not to *them*).

4. Some of our play this season has been unbelievably good, we are at risk of taking a lot of what we see each week for granted, we shouldn't.

5. The Amex is one of the best stadiums in the UK and nothing tonight changes that!

6. We have a fantastic support base and it is growing.

7. It is going to be a stressful summer and Poyet/new boss is likely to have to replace some key players we will lose. We won't like it.

8. Next season may be about re-building, not pushing for promotion, and getting ready to give 2014/15 a really good shot, let us not be too impatient.

9. Chairman Bloom is a quite amazing man and wants the FAPL as much as we do - which matters.

10. Yes we were out-played tonight, but how often has that happened this season when usually we have out-played the oppo.

11. On 27 May we all become Watford fans for 2 hours.

I'm finding it hard to find the positives from an evening when we didn't really turn up for the biggest game in a long long long time (or maybe in reality Holloway's lot turned up that bit more than we did), but the above list shows (I hope) that it is still an amazing time to be a Brighton fan and there is more to look forward to than there is to regret. Tomorrow's going to hurt, but there is much to be positive about.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Agree with a lot of what you say, barring point 8. I want to give next season a good shot and believe we should be building on this season, which means finishing at least in the play offs or better.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
10. Yes we were out-played tonight, but how often has that happened this season when usually we have out-played the oppo.

I can only think of one other game where that happened at The Amex this season, and coincidentally, it was by the other team in the play off final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here