Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well we did our job...

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
Well done , I've asked before, how do you fit 50 to 60 thousand palace fans into 35000 seats ? Such a bitch....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well done , I've asked before, how do you fit 50 to 60 thousand palace fans into 35000 seats ? Such a bitch....

You must be confused-Wembley doesn't do buy 1 get 3 free deals.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

:blush: thats cheered me right up ! palace ...... delusional to the last .... you just scraped 20k in the first leg you bell ps - nice to see youre loyal to carshalton ....somebody had to be

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Clappers are plastic but they did make one hell of a noise. Unfortunately, it didn't help us play the tempo we needed to. Gus alluded to this afterwards.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, great season, great support, numbers and noise. The loyal stayed and clapped the players off.

PG

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Clappers are plastic but they did make one hell of a noise. Unfortunately, it didn't help us play the tempo we needed to. Gus alluded to this afterwards.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, great season, great support, numbers and noise. The loyal stayed and clapped the players off.

PG

well done you....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Atmosphere was jumping tonight... Best ever at the Amex... did it get to the players though?

To answer the question in your post: yes, I think the atmosphere did get to the players. We were trying to lift the team and to reassure ourselves that we'd beat Palace, but I think the effect was to apply pressure to the players, to which they responded poorly. There was far too much urgency on the pitch, which lead to poor passing and poor thinking; and not enough patience.

Note: I am NOT saying that I wish the atmosphere had been poorer or quieter. Rather, I think most of the players were not used to playing in such a cauldron of emotion and noise and it got to them. Hopefully there will be plenty of times in the future where similar noise is made and the team will learn to play in that atmosphere. But last night my view is that we played our part as 12th man and the team got thrown by it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Atmosphere was jumping tonight... Best ever at the Amex... did it get to the players though?

Possibly. I did think we as fans could have shown a bit more bollocks and backbone once we went a goal down though. Yes your stomach is ripped out and on the floor, yes the team were struggling and defeat looked inevitable at that point - but that's when fans really make a difference, that's when you do genuinely lift a team, you convey that you still believe they can raise it.

Other than a couple of 'Albion's' after Zaha scored the first, I thought we went into our shells more than the players. Then the leaving, well, no matter how disappointed you are, I don't think the team deserved that after such a great season.

It's easy to fall back on that it happens everywhere, but the mass departure was poor. Not a lot we can do about it, we genuinely do have a lot of new and casual supporters, but it's still disappointing. I thought everyone last night would have been allowing for ET and pens in terms of their time, so I don't get what staying an extra 5 mins would do in showing the team that you've appreciated their efforts this season, and to face up to the Palace celebrating in the corner. Lot of people need to man up a bit.

The atmosphere was amazing last night, it just needs to last for 95mins whether we're doing well, or whether we're struggling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here