Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observations from tonight

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Observations from tonight

1. Clackers - ok, good for the kids but too orchastrated and as Palace would say - tinpot - did not like, did not use.
2. Blue and White sea at the start - a more magnificent site in my life I can barely recall, I will take that to my grave
3. Tactics - not good, no change made when it was clear after an hour Palace were starting to boss the game
4. Holloway - not the numpty some thought, got his tactics tonight spot on
5. Palace fans - support was very good but then it would be when the team infront of you, did a bottle job in the second half
6. The opera singer was superb, as it transpired she was probably the highlight of the night and worthy of the entrance fee alone
7. Poyet post match - a pretty poor interview, it is not all about you Gus
8. Brighton fans, very good until Palace started to over run us in the second half
9. Zaha - wanker, his goading the fans when he scored with Clattenburg by his side was worthy of a yellow
10. Chances created, er none from 90 minutes, Barnes came closest
11. I worry now we will lose Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Bridge, Upson and a few others, I hope we did not peak at 7.40 pm tonight as everything then reeked of a premiership club
12. I stood infront of the Palace fans at the end kissing the BHAFC badge as they may have taken away my dream but they will never take away my pride
13. Palace were the better team on the night and deserved to win
14. I hope Watford win but I am not really f*cked either way tbh.

All in all a bad day at the office but we will punch on and let's see what next season brings.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Barring Bridcutt, Hammond & Bridge everyone under performed. Ulloa was poor but needs bodies around him, we left him completely isolated and he doesn't have the pace to get in behind.

Because of the lack of threat up front, Palace could push up on us and stifle our possession game far too easily. As well as Hammond has played recently and again tonight we really should have sacrificed a holding midfield player, so we could go for the jugular and test a back four which has been all at sea recently.

Ulloa and Lopez looked well off the pace and I cannot help thinking we should have used the Wolves game to rest some of the players who have played consistently since January. Playing 3 games in 9 days at this stage of the season is a big ask especially for players not accustomed to the pace of English football. By playing pretty much a full strength side we sacrificed the major advantage we had by qualifying a game ahead of everyone else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here