Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOT on the pitch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In all seriousness...

1. I understand that Gus is genuinely worried about damage to the pitch as, should the Albion win, it will be required for training in the lead up to the play-off final.

2. There is a genuine risk of an Amex ban to those who do go on the pitch. Is it really worth that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not just an Amex ban either - imagine we win tonight, you rush on the pitch at the end, find yourself as one of the unlucky ones nabbed, and end up banned, thus missing the Wembley final...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
says in the pre-match brief today : Whatever the result, it is essential you respect the safety of the players, staff and fellow supporters and stay off the pitch at the final whistle. Also, IF we are successful in the semi-final, Gus and the team will need the pitch in the best possible condition for training. So please stay off the pitch and don't risk arrest at the final whistle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I was in a lower tier and we beat Palace I would be on there like a shot, but I can't jump from the middle without either breaking my legs or flattening a West Stand Lower person, so I shall be staying in my seat.

If you work it out the majority of the crowd won't have access to the pitch anyway.

I still think there will be a pitch invasion anyway, especially if it goes to extra time or penalties.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would like to see them try and ban thousands of people to be honest!

They won't. But they might grab a few at random, and those few will find themselves banned. 'Lots of other people were doing it, too' isn't a defence, as those ejected / banned for persistent standing can testify.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair I know it cant be encoraged, but the club could help things by allowing people to come onto the pitch at the end of the game to celebrate with players, so people dont rush down and knock each other flying, its going to happen, so why not try and make it happen in a way which would suit the club.

I know this takes all the fun out of a pitch invasion, but was more from the clubs point of view, its going to happen, so why not try and find a way to make it work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1. I understand that Gus is genuinely worried about damage to the pitch as, should the Albion win, it will be required for training in the lead up to the play-off final.
I don't really understand this. I understand that the pitch has to be perfect for matches, so we can't always train on it, but surely it doesn't have to be perfect for training, and it's not like the fans will be putting in sliding tackles and ripping it up.
2. There is a genuine risk of an Amex ban to those who do go on the pitch. Is it really worth that?
Of course it's not worth that, but that would be a ridiculous over-reaction from the club, given what's at stake tonight.

Is it just that you're in the WSU, and you don't want everyone having fun while you can't join in?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they wanted to, everyone who goes on the pitch can be identified - the CCTV in the stadium us very high resolution, and covers all of the stadium. If you go on the pitch you risk a ban.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I shall be taking a parachute so I can get down from the WSU in time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it just that you're in the WSU, and you don't want everyone having fun while you can't join in?

Not at all, no. I just don't want to see decent Albion fans posting on here that they've got some sort of ban through getting carried away, should we be lucky enough to win tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here