Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best performance of the regular season by an opposing player

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chris Wood for Millwall, Vydra for Watford, and it was a long time ago but one of the Middlesbrough midfielders really impressed me. McDonald I think.

Anyone else?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Both of these stand out, yes. I would have to be Wood for me - he was on fire.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Vydra for Watford was outstanding. Think Carlos Edwards for Ipswich played really well against us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nathaniel Chalobah took us apart, but Vydra got the glory. For me, those two were the most outstanding performances by opposition players at the Amex.

Adam Bogdan's performance is the luckiest by any footballer in history. He had no idea what was happening, as per his usual standard, and the ball kept hitting him. Sheer jam.

I put John Stones, Dan Harding, David Gonzalez and Roger Johnson in the "Most hopeless opponent" award category.

Finally, I would like to recognise the sheer uselessness of Gary MacKenzie of Blackpool, all around him was chaos and he had LITERALLY no idea what to do about it. He is the most lost a footballer has ever looked to me. Atleast The Hawk knew what he wanted to do, he just wasn't good enough to do it.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Think Carlos Edwards for Ipswich played really well against us.

Agree with this too - he kept Lua Lua very quiet which I think he readily admitted in a subsequent programme piece.

Chris Solly impressed me as well for Charlton - could do a job?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Chalobah or Vydra... the latter of whom seems to have suddenly found his scoring boots again after weeks (months?) without hitting the back of the net. Oh dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here