Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jedinak Elbows

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Is Clattenburg going to police the flying Aussie elbows better than Oliver did on Friday?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I thought Jedinak wouldve had been ruled out with an Elbow injury after Friday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The plan should be that as soon as his first elbow goes in, the victim lies down for a bit, while other Albion players nearby all show the ref their arm and tap their elbow. Make sure he's aware early, so he can look for it.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If he took any notice of Jedinaks' elbowing on Friday, then I assume he would also have noticed the vigorous shirt pulling by our defenders and with Palaces penchant for a pen we had better be very careful.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Clearly Jedinak was leading with his elbow on a number of occasions and he should have been carded. A bad-fan STH chum of mine watched on TV and said that Upson (or perhaps Bridge - I forget) was lucky not to get done for wrestling in the box on a number of occasions. Was mentioned by the commentators too. Cuts both ways doesn't it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Clearly Jedinak was leading with his elbow on a number of occasions and he should have been carded. A bad-fan STH chum of mine watched on TV and said that Upson (or perhaps Bridge - I forget) was lucky not to get done for wrestling in the box on a number of occasions. Was mentioned by the commentators too. Cuts both ways doesn't it.

Only if you're a mentalist. Elbowing someone is a red card and if seen has to given. Shirt-pullings happens every game and is pretty much tolerated except in extreme cricumstances

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only if you're a mentalist. Elbowing someone is a red card and if seen has to given. Shirt-pullings happens every game and is pretty much tolerated except in extreme cricumstances
Generally agree with you, except Jedinak was leading with his arm and catching people with his elbow, as opposed to elbowing people (with a swinging arm and pointed elbow).

some refs might have given them.
Yes, but personally I think that would be harsh. I accept that I'm biased, but I thought Jedi was lucky not to be warned for leading with his arm, and then receiving a second yellow if he'd ignored the warning.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Erm I would say no. Jedinak loves to lead with his elbow and throw his arms around in an aerial challenge, so much so that Sky highlighted this during the game.

Pulling and pushing rarely hurts anyone, but an intentional elbow or an arm in the face, to me is bordering on assault and deserves a red card. I really am surprised at Jedinak, who ended up in hospital having an operation on his eye socket a couple of months back, an elbow delivered by none other than Alan Lee.
I can imagine watching the Aussie assassin, that players can get fed up with his tactics and sometimes give as good as they get.
If he does it tonight and we are a couple of goals up, send on Adam El Abd to give him some of his own medicine.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here