Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today might be my most exciting Albion game

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Today will be my first visit to the Amex!

I know some on here will pour scorn as always, but it will still be my 7th game this season. For the past 20 years I have mainly gone to north west games - sometimes sitting with the home supporters such as Liverpool last year. It has been hard to get to the Amex needing to get tickets and find the time at a couole of weeks notice. I had expected to make it easier this year but it never worked out.

Ive spent years watching the Albion from the late 70s (once being beatrn up by Palace fans at Selhurst) through promotion, the top flight years , most games in the 1983 cup run and the difficult years including Doncaster at the Goldstone and Hereford away. I never went to Gillingham -i couldnt face it and it was too far away at the time. i once went to Withdean and saw a poor game and was so depressed that i stuck to away games.

Nothing but nothing can beat the tension and excitement of this game today.

Going up to the Amex thus morning for a walk around - and to try to get our tickets which hadn't arrived! Sitting in S1S1AE. Not sure exactly where hat is but really don't care!

Any tips for getting the best match day experience appreciated. We will be getting the train early this afternoon!

GO SEAGULLS!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Welcome to the Temple Of the Albion tonight you will not be disappointed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Today will be my first visit to the Amex!

I know some on here will pour scorn as always, but it will still be my 7th game this season. For the past 20 years I have mainly gone to north west games - sometimes sitting with the home supporters such as Liverpool last year. It has been hard to get to the Amex needing to get tickets and find the time at a couole of weeks notice. I had expected to make it easier this year but it never worked out.

Ive spent years watching the Albion from the late 70s (once being beatrn up by Palace fans at Selhurst) through promotion, the top flight years , most games in the 1983 cup run and the difficult years including Doncaster at the Goldstone and Hereford away. I never went to Gillingham -i couldnt face it and it was too far away at the time. i once went to Withdean and saw a poor game and was so depressed that i stuck to away games.

Nothing but nothing can beat the tension and excitement of this game today.

Going up to the Amex thus morning for a walk around - and to try to get our tickets which hadn't arrived! Sitting in S1S1AE. Not sure exactly where hat is but really don't care!

Any tips for getting the best match day experience appreciated. We will be getting the train early this afternoon!

GO SEAGULLS!
First game? Crikey, don't think I could take it all in! Hopefully it will be an enjoyable first visit!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I hope it's the most enjoyable and fantastic day of your Albion experiences.

If we lose, however, you are banned!!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I hope it's the most enjoyable and fantastic day of your Albion experiences.

If we lose, however, you are banned!!

I had a spell in 2003 when we lost every game I went to and on advice from other fans (!) I avoided a couple! Then I went once more and we won a key game!

Not been too bad this season won 2, lost 1, the rest were draws.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Get there early, as has been suggested. Get a pie - the chicken and ham is a favourite. Lubricate vocal chords with a cold beverage or ten. Sing, loudly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am getting to teh Virgin club by around 5...hit the gym to calm my nerves and then to the outdoor pool to swim up and down to calm my nerves....meal in the club and then get over to the ground around 7ish.

Still debating wether the mrs drops us off at the club and then picks us up after the game or take the car and hang around for ages to let the traffic clear.

I feel sick

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
In Dicks bar right now. Absolutely blown away by it all!

Loved the mural. Bit surprised to find Bobby Zamora tucked round the back. Quite emotional when I saw Tony Grealish.

Got tickets and visited the shop. Will head back into town soon. I'm really hoping that seeing the stadium for the first time will only be the first of good memories of today.

I knew it would be good but.....

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
In Dicks bar right now. Absolutely blown away by it all!

Loved the mural. Bit surprised to find Bobby Zamora tucked round the back. Quite emotional when I saw Tony Grealish.

Got tickets and visited the shop. Will head back into town soon. I'm really hoping that seeing the stadium for the first time will only be the first of good memories of today.

I knew it would be good but.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here