Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the palace game on friday.....train fine advice

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i couldnt go as i had work,my son went with his mates,just turned 16,but such a **** he is! brought a child train ticket 8.00 instead of 16.00,he was stopped at croydon and was checked on dateabase,he was fined 47.00,can anyone explain how they came to this sum?its says on fine 20.00 0r double the single fare,that doesnt add upto 47.00

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Based on previous discussions on here, regarding crime and punishment. I think you will garner little sympathy.

I am interested in what database they checked, and who they are? I doubt that a 16 year old is on any database a ticket collector can check, I reckon your son was bluffed into admitting his age.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i dont care thats he is getting fined,he deserves to,i want to know how they come to this sum,tried ringing,no joy and used ring back,still no joy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Based on previous discussions on here, regarding crime and punishment. I think you will garner little sympathy.

I am interested in what database they checked, and who they are? I doubt that a 16 year old is on any database a ticket collector can check, I reckon your son was bluffed into admitting his age.

They would have been Revenue Protection Inspectors and always show ID, I think there is a national office all train companies use in Portsmouth.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
i dont care thats he is getting fined,he deserves to,i want to know how they come to this sum,tried ringing,no joy and used ring back,still no joy

£20 is the minimum, it is double the standard single fare which is £23.50 hence a penalty fare of £47. How old is he ? As usually in this case they can prosecute, so he is lucky if he was an adult who bought a child ticket to avoid paying the correct fare

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
£20 is the minimum, it is double the standard single fare which is £23.50 hence a penalty fare of £47. How old is he ? As usually in this case they can prosecute, so he is lucky if he was an adult who bought a child ticket to avoid paying the correct fare

just turned 16

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and they will take him to court i prsume,not me??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
and they will take him to court i prsume,not me??

I don't think so as he was penalty fared.

My stupid son got one once and just for once I could explain to the Mrs he fully deserved and I bloody paid it as well.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
They would have been Revenue Protection Inspectors and always show ID, I think there is a national office all train companies use in Portsmouth.

I cannot think of any official form where I have to list my children's date of birth and address, So conversely can see no way they can be on a database for the use of train inspectors. I doubt that even the police have any more than a partial picture of children and who lives where and their ages.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my son informed me that once he gave full address and post code,they knew he was bluffing

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I don't think so as he was penalty fared.

My stupid son got one once and just for once I could explain to the Mrs he fully deserved and I bloody paid it as well.

but he cant afford it?will they take him to court

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
but he cant afford it?will they take him to court

Yes they will prosecute, suggest you pay and he pays you back alternatively muggins here just paid it when his son did it !

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yes they will prosecute, suggest you pay and he pays you back alternatively muggins here just paid it when his son did it !

fair play,bet he wont do it again,perhaps i should sell his tik for tom night as punishment???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here