Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: Make Home Advantage Count

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet has urged his team and supporters to work together and make the home advantage count when Albion host Crystal Palace on Monday night.
The play-off semi-final is well poised following a stalemate at Selhurst Park on Friday and with the home tie to come, and huge a huge reward at stake, Poyet is anticipating a thrilling atmosphere at the Amex.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There will not be a winner by many goals so let’s see if we can use our home advantage. This tie, anywhere in the world, is 50/50 but I would always want to play in front of my fans.
“To create an unbelievable atmosphere is very important. There are moments in the game when you are doing well, and the fans are there, which subconsciously helps you even more and puts the opposition down a bit.
“At the same time, when you are not doing very well and there is nothing in the game, you need a bit of help from the fans sometimes. The fans bring up the atmosphere and that urges on the players.
“The relationship between the fans and the players has been getting better and better at this club, and they all understand each other very well. That will be key tomorrow, but I don’t think we need to ask for anything more from them because we are playing against Palace, so it will be amazing.
“Everything is there. I don’t need to motivate the players and we don’t need to motivate the fans either. It will be an amazing atmosphere and we’ll do everything we can to win.”
Despite the massive reward for tomorrow night’s victors, Poyet has reiterated a simple approach and he looks for his players to replicate their recent, steady form.
“Sometimes we managers complicate football too much as we try to be too clever and we try to do what nobody expects. Most of the time that goes against you.
“We need to stay calm and not do anything different. Nothing needs to change, unless it's team selection to try and find an advantage. That will depend on the personnel and the way that we want to play the game.
“I don’t think there is much difference between the two teams so it’s going to be tight. We need to make sure that we start the game well and score first.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here