Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Wireless network gurus on here?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
We're having real problems with our wireless network in our 3 storey Victorian house. We're with O2 and have been advised to buy a new wireless box with a better range Netgear or Belkin are best I've heard? The one O2 supply is useless, only the room with the router and the room directly above have any decent internet speed. The other room's have "wireless signal" but the speed crawls at around 0.018mbs and is totally unusable.

Any networking guys on here who can advise on a good box to purchase or method of action? I should add that it's a house share so we need internet in all the bedrooms.

Thanks!

Try one of these first (hopefully link will take you straight to the item on Amazon).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006CKWZT6

You may wish to reenter order after clicking on the Amazon link at the top of the page or Bozza will be after us!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I use a booster made by tp-link cost £22 works really well. All you is set it up which is simple, just setting a normal device up then place it as far away as the original signal allows, which you can monitor and that's it.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
These days I use a 4G sim in my phone, iPad and router. If i'm out and about I just use the personal hotspot on my phone to provide internet access to my laptop. My 4G router at home is great just pop in the sim and power up. No other Wires except the power supply. It gives me around 10mb download and betwen 2 and 4mb upload, I live about 8 miles from the transmitter. In town I get around 24mb download speed.

Before I used an Asus RT-N56U router which could identify where the signal needs to be focussed and work accordingly.

Failing that, you could try a home wiring system that uses your property's electrical wiring as a network. Just plug your current router into the unit that fixes to the plug socket and to acces the network you just plug in a corresponding receiver in the rooms you need internet access to. You can even connet wireless routers. I've never tried it but it's an option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here