Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion and your birthday

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What was the score and who did they play on or nearest the day you were born?
Where did they finish that season?
(Apologies to you summer births, just pick the most successful season :)

The season I was born in was disastrous. The 72/73 season we finished rock bottom of the 3rd division, Winning only 8 matches. And even worse I was born right in the middle of a 12 game losing streak. The day after I was born, we lost 1-0 away at orient on the 9th of December 72.
Over to you, hope yours is more successful

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We knocked Liverpool out of the 1984 FA Cup the day before my birth.

For my 21st birthday I was given a newspaper from the day I was born, and of course the Albion's win was the back page headline.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The day before my birth, we THRASHED York 1-0 at the Goldstone and went on to finish 2nd in the league. :albion:

The highlight of the day, in our league, was clearly Notts County 4-4 Wigan. In other news from our league, Chester 0-5 Northampton! Carnage. Doncaster started with a 1-0 win against Grimsby, but would only win 7 more games and finished bottom. Sunderland won the league!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
13 days after I was born we drew 3-3 at Scunthorpe United in the opening fixture of the old Division Two (1961/62).
That left us equal 11th with Huddersfield, Scunthorpe and Swansea on goal average.
We ended up that season bottom. Amazingly, Liverpool and Orient went up.

My 50th birthday coincided with the first league game at the Amex against Donny.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My birthday is in June so nothing of Albion relevance, apart from it being Peters Wards wedding anniversary :)

Was my sons 10th birthday 4 days after st Patrick's day this year, and we played Peterborough at home and Barnsley at home on mrs' last 2 birthdays

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Football League Division 4. On our way to winning the Championship that season.....

A few days before I was born: BHA 4-4 Chester City
A few days after I was born: Torquay Utd 0-1 BHA

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Well I was born in July 1976. So the nearest Albion competive game to my birthday was a 3-2 win over Oxford at home in the old division 3. Opening game of the season and we also got promoted.

Just noticed we actually drew 1-1 away with Southend in the first round of the league cup on 14/8/76 so that was the closest game to my birthday

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
We knocked Liverpool out of the 1984 FA Cup the day before my birth.

For my 21st birthday I was given a newspaper from the day I was born, and of course the Albion's win was the back page headline.

You were born on a Monday then ! Twas a Sunday match. Would that make you 30th January ? Can't remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here