Valhalla
Not sure.

Do Wigan have goal music ?

And do their fans do 'displays' ???

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
We did sell out. With only 2000 tickets issued to Brighton we were unable to fill the away block. Plus a large sterile area required by the police (how on earth do Arsenal v Spurs and Chelsea v West Ham manage to avoid a bloodbath with only a single line of stewards????) a capacity crowd now comes to the mid 23,000s. Cracking atmosphere though, I've not heard the Arthur Wait make so much noise in twenty years.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Selhurst Park capacity is 26,309, so there were 3015 empty seats. There was a gap between them & us last night, but not 3000 odd seats. Were more Wigan fans at Wembley than Palace at SP last night. Def tin pot.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We did sell out. With only 2000 tickets issued to Brighton we were unable to fill the away block. Plus a large sterile area required by the police (how on earth do Arsenal v Spurs and Chelsea v West Ham manage to avoid a bloodbath with only a single line of stewards????) a capacity crowd now comes to the mid 23,000s. Cracking atmosphere though, I've not heard the Arthur Wait make so much noise in twenty years.

It was noisey in the arthur wait stand I agree. Was saying to my sons that maybe its always like that but they pointed out that i do speak a lot of sh#t. Thanks for confirming this.

Lots of brighton in the home ends by the sound of it so glad we helped fill your ground.

Was really shocked at how tight and desperately gruesome the 'concourse' was. Shockingly dangerous if there was ever an incident. The toilets at the amex are significanyly bigger than the artur wait concourses. Just as well theres normally just a few of you knocking about in there.

Obsession with our attendances again:tosser:
Free trains,£30 per month season tickets,one club in Sussex until Crawley and only now can you boast a larger average for a change:clap2: And you call us tinpot:ffsparr:

Historic attendances averages do not lie
BHA
1889 - 1939 10.667 LOWER
1947 - 1985 25.265 LOWER
1986 - now 20.028 LOWER

CPFC
1889 - 1939 15.584 HIGHER
1947 - 1985 30.167 HIGHER
1986 - now 24.103 HIGHER

Major haven't you counted how many years your average was higher than ours?? thought that was up your street?

EFS English Clubs

For anyone else who wants to read it and weep

While there check out League cup semi's
Years in 2nd tier etc.
:clap2:

Ps should you beat us Monday, Then fair play to Bha the better team would have won, and you wont see me again until you fall flat on your @rses:wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Neither are tinpot, tinpot is clubs like Orient

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Obsession with our attendances again:tosser:
Free trains,£30 per month season tickets,one club in Sussex until Crawley and only now can you boast a larger average for a change:clap2: And you call us tinpot:ffsparr:

Historic attendances averages do not lie
BHA
1889 - 1939 10.667 LOWER
1947 - 1985 25.265 LOWER
1986 - now 20.028 LOWER

CPFC
1889 - 1939 15.584 HIGHER
1947 - 1985 30.167 HIGHER
1986 - now 24.103 HIGHER

Major haven't you counted how many years your average was higher than ours?? thought that was up your street?

EFS English Clubs

For anyone else who wants to read it and weep

While there check out League cup semi's
Years in 2nd tier etc.
:clap2:

Ps should you beat us Monday, Then fair play to Bha the better team would have won, and you wont see me again until you fall flat on your @rses:wink:

You seem to be missing a few facts here. Starting with our current attendances:

- you have free season tickets for kids. FREE!! All our tickets cost
- your kids deals for the family stand extend to 18 years old, as do your day to day junior prices. I have to pay adult season ticket prices for my 16 yr old in the family stand.
- your day to day seat prices are cheaper than ours
- your season tickets are cheaper than ours
- you have no purchase history requirement to buy tickets. My home stand seats were just so easy to come by. No doubt due to the desperation to flog tickets.
- the vast majority of people watching Palace live/work in London and hence have railcards etc for work.
- your fan base is fickle through choice. No ground restriction reason. I largely gave up on home games at Withdean due to the appalling conditions to watch a football match in. I went to a reasonable number of away matches instead. Now, despite living in London I go to every home game with my four kids and due to Saturday morning kids activities have to drive and hence do not benefit from any travel subsidy. This is returning support not plastic support. You have no such support to rely on, only plastics
- even with the high cost involved in watching the Albion at home compared to palace, even with your club somehow occupying a higher league position for the majority of the season, our lowest league attendance is higher than your best

As your recent relative success this is through underhand means. Absolutely no denying this. This includes your academy, which is only still churning out reasonable but excessively overpriced players due to your financial misdemeanors. You, as a club, have created your way to your false position. You will now have to accept settling to your natural position.

You are in an awful position as a club and I can understand your frustration at us emerging from the dire position that we were put in and have manfully struggled through due to the substantial and committed support that we have. Not plastics, true support that has emerged from the dark dark days that our club has had to endure. Maybe, just maybe, you will emerge from your inevitable downturn but the first step is to take an honest look at yourselves. Some of your support clearly do, from the discussions I was having with them during the game, many of you clearly understand your situation. You'll get there soon too.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
You seem to be missing a few facts here. Starting with our current attendances:

- you have free season tickets for kids. FREE!! All our tickets cost
- your kids deals for the family stand extend to 18 years old, as do your day to day junior prices. I have to pay adult season ticket prices for my 16 yr old in the family stand.
- your day to day seat prices are cheaper than ours
- your season tickets are cheaper than ours
- you have no purchase history requirement to buy tickets. My home stand seats were just so easy to come by. No doubt due to the desperation to flog tickets.
- the vast majority of people watching Palace live/work in London and hence have railcards etc for work.
- your fan base is fickle through choice. No ground restriction reason. I largely gave up on home games at Withdean due to the appalling conditions to watch a football match in. I went to a reasonable number of away matches instead. Now, despite living in London I go to every home game with my four kids and due to Saturday morning kids activities have to drive and hence do not benefit from any travel subsidy. This is returning support not plastic support. You have no such support to rely on, only plastics
- even with the high cost involved in watching the Albion at home compared to palace, even with your club somehow occupying a higher league position for the majority of the season, our lowest league attendance is higher than your best

As your recent relative success this is through underhand means. Absolutely no denying this. This includes your academy, which is only still churning out reasonable but excessively overpriced players due to your financial misdemeanors. You, as a club, have created your way to your false position. You will now have to accept settling to your natural position.

You are in an awful position as a club and I can understand your frustration at us emerging from the dire position that we were put in and have manfully struggled through due to the substantial and committed support that we have. Not plastics, true support that has emerged from the dark dark days that our club has had to endure. Maybe, just maybe, you will emerge from your inevitable downturn but the first step is to take an honest look at yourselves. Some of your support clearly do, from the discussions I was having with them during the game, many of you clearly understand your situation. You'll get there soon too.

Top post, welldone.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You'll never get Littlehampton Eagle to admit his club's relative success in our wilderness years was because they would not cut their cloth accordingly. In my opinion we should disregard boasting palace when it comes to this period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here