Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Options for right back On Monday

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Perfectly clear that Bridge had Haha in his pocket last night in first half, ( and in the last March game), however he switched sides, and caused Calde problems.
Thing is we have no other real options other than Calde, with Bruno out.........Lopez is like Inigo and is best surging forward...defending can be problematic for both of them, when up against such a tricky winger (or should it be whinger)
Reckon we need to double up on Haha if he plays down the left
As far as I can see that is our only potential weakness, and needs to be considered

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Calde will be fine, as a team we will be pressing forward more

Agree with that. The only problem Calderon had yesterday was that he was already on a yellow when he was marking him. Would rather have Calderon marking him than Bruno who would go missing up the wing too often.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Question - do two yellow cards (1 in each semi) mean a suspension from the final?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Calde is fine but we have Lopez to fill in if required. I'd expect Buckley/whoever is in RM to track back to double up on the player anyway.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could be interesting if Gus goes with KLL and Buckley and Holloway goes with Bolasie and Zaha, will come down to who's wingers can track back the most effective.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Calde is fine.... we will be attacking more at the Amex, and even when defending he will be solid enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish I had the same confidence about Calde marking Zaha, if that is the case, as the majority on here. I think that it is s obvious that he will start on the left to avoid being marked by Wayne Bridge and leave Bolasie to worry about him.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I wish I had the same confidence about Calde marking Zaha, if that is the case, as the majority on here. I think that it is s obvious that he will start on the left to avoid being marked by Wayne Bridge and leave Bolasie to worry about him.

why did he start on the right yesterday then? surely they would have learned after Bridge having Zaha in his pocket in March.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Calde for me, who else is there anyway? Not sure Bruno would have been any better, he was terrible away at Palace earlier in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here